38. Tears of an angel

Jennie stepped outside to a private area of the party, where she saw no one.

She immediately walked to a side, into the darker parts as she watched over the lower outdoor areas filled with flowers.

Knowing that the CEO must have been a huge fan of botany, as even his outdoor balcony was filled with nature should have made her happier and full more pride, but it didn't.

That thought sunk into the depths of her minds as it was the least of her concerns.

She hugged her arms as she inhaled a sharp breath, feeling the air travelling through her.

Yet why did she feel so suffocated?

Jennie knew exactly why.

It's because all night her true emotions were bottled up inside of her.

The emotions of sadness and longing, that she so needed to express were instead stuffed inside as she wore a mask the whole night.

Now that she was finally alone, a tear managed to slip her eye, as it rolled down her face, then followed by another, and another until she was crying.

The tears she held inside streamed down as like a waterfall as she sat on the bench, her soft and quiet sobs filling up her silence.

Her hands went to hold her face as she kept taking deep breaths, inhaling the air as if it was limited.

She was crying, all alone, or so she thought.

Because right at the entrance, Taehyung was staring at her figure.

He could see her hunched over and crying.

Yes, he had in fact followed her.

The minute he saw her figure walking outside, his feet automatically did as well.

Now he was there looking at her crying.

Sighing he walked up to her, despite her ignoring them, he still always trusted her and knew that she must have had her reasons.

He reached her side quietly and she remained oblivious to his presence, until he sat beside her and hugged her, gently pulling her frail figure into his chest.

She resisted for a moment after seeing who it was, but he held her from doing so.

"Shh.. no words. Just let it out" he told her and that's all it took for her to become a crying mess in his arms.

He moved his palm up and down her back, as a way of comforting her.

Looking at her state, he knew something happened and also realised that she was keeping her feelings bottled up for her.

A moment of sadness for her and longing passed by as she was still in his arms.

He knew this would probably make for an awkward encounter after, but that's not what mattered at this moment.

Rosé caught the sight of the two as well, while she was on the way to the bathroom, but she decided to keep quiet about it.

She knew already that the pair had always been close, especially even suspected that they might have lingering feelings for each other even after the break up.

So she just glanced and walked by before returning to the group and acting as if nothing happened.

She will admit that she slowly had in fact developed negative opinions on the outside about Jennie, but she never believed them herself.

She knew what Jennie was like, so she knew there was a back story.

She was waiting for the time when it would all come to the light on what in fact had actually been happening.

Back at the balcony, Jennie had finally calmed down as her sobs reduced to just small breaths being taken.

She immediately stood up and Taehyung left without a word. Just nodded at her instead.

He knew she needed space and didn't need more feelings clouding her, so he left for the time being and joined the others.

He just told them he was meeting someone and so did Jennie to any one who asked her.

But what they both didn't notice the whole time was a that pair of eyes had in fact noticed and watched them both have their encounter on the balcony.

These eyes saw the whole thing of the male comforting the woman in tears.

They also saw them leaving without a word, and these eyes were certainly not happy that this happened.

They were farthest away from that.