20. Jan 14: Taehyung

Around a few hours after Jimin left Taehyung decided to go and meet up with another close friend of his.

He met him at a restaurant as they sat together and talked about basically anything and everything that came to his mind.

Just as they were talking however, Taehyung spotted something through his peripheral vision.

He shrugged it off as nothing, thinking they were two strangers giving each other a good bye kiss.

But after the two pulled away, he saw the man as Mark Tuan.

But shocking him more, was that the girl who turned around and walked back inside the restaurant was Jennie.

It seems the friend in front of Taehyung noticed he was staring, so he turned around as well.

"Ahhh yeah. Mark and Jennie began dating. There was an article and everything. Wait, aren't you both friends?" The friend asks as if remembering something.

He even showed Taehyung the article which had his mind spinning.

"Yeah- well at least I thought we were" Taehyung says as he excused himself for 5 minutes.

He went and sat right in front of Jennie, much to her surprise.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" She asks confused at his appearance

"I should be asking you that. What are you doing here? Especially with Mark?" Taehyung asks rapidly.

Immediately her face darkened as she sat straight.

"That's none of you business. Now if you're done, I have to leave" she said as she was about to get up but he pulled her back.

"Are you actually dating him? Jen that's a lie right? Tell me it's a misunderstanding" he said basically pleading for any other argument.

"There's nothing else Taehyung. We are dating" she said.

"How could you not tell me?" He asks.

"You would have found out either way. Plus I'm not entitled to give you information about my life all the time" she said eyeing him.

"But jen, he's the guy that hurt us. He hurt both Jimin and Namjoon hyung that badly. You're not in your right mind Jennie" Taehyung said in disbelief of the news.

"Taehyung. Shut up. I know what I'm doing-"

"NO YOU DONT" he yelled almost standing up when she said that.

"You clearly have no idea what you're doing. That guy you're dating or whatever hurt both of them. So badly. At the beginning I couldn't even believe you agreed to be friends with him, but I thought that was it. But you, you can't date him. Do you not remember what he did? He's a mon-"

"SHUT UP TAEHYUNG" Jennie suddenly yelled shocking him.

Luckily no one else was in the café other than Taehyung friend at the time.

"Whatever he did to both Jimin and Namjoon was nothing more than his job. He doesn't even know them personally and I can't blame him from doing his job. You should understand that. I can't believe you sometimes. I'm not going to stay here and listen to you talk like that about the man I'm in love with. He's much more sensible than you'll ever be" she said as she stood up and left.

Taehyung was still too in shock at her words.

"She's in love with him?" He questioned himself.

"She would never do something like that. Why would she fight with me over a guy?" He questioned.

"Last night she was just fine when we were at her place. Last night-... oh lord... last night..... her birthday" he said to himself as he sighed.

Everyone of them forgot from the tension of the job.

But that couldn't be the only reason for her to act that way.

He held his head in his palms as he sighed.

"She must, really love him for her to put up a fight" he told himself as he realised.

Just then, his phone rang as jungkooks name popped up on the screen.

"Hello?" He asked weakly.

"Hyung you have to come here. Right now" the voice said who he immediately identified as Jungkook.

"Where's here? And what's going on?" He asked due to the panic tone of his voice.

"Just come to Suga hyungs house. We're waiting here" he said as the call ended.

Taehyung apologised and bid goodbye to his friend before leaving to the house mentioned.

Taehyung went to the said location and stepped inside as he could start hearing the others voices in the living room upstairs.

"It can't be true. She probably is just fooling us"a female voice could be heard.

"I'm afraid it's true. She's actually..... in love with him" Taehyung said joining them.

"How do you know?" Hoseok asked the man who just entered.

"I saw her right now. She even fought back for him.." Taehyung said as he exhaled sitting on the chair.

"No way could this actually be true." Jungkook said.

"Honestly if you ask me. She made a point. We don't even know him personally and Mark was only just doing his job. We should just be happy for her even though it might take a while. Plus what kind of friends are we, we just forgot her birthday yesterday" he said as everyone went quiet in realisation.

"It was yesterday?" Lisa was the first to speak up.

"We were all even at her place. How did we manage to forget?" Suga asked after a moment.

"Jisoo unnie didn't forget. She stayed back a while remember. I think that's why" Rosé said after thinking a moment.

"You know, taehyungs reasoning does make sense. But why has she not been picking up our calls or responding to our texts? Even her secretary isn't" Hoseok said after a moment.

"I honestly have no idea" Taehyung replied as they all sighed and sat there.