33.Complicated

A week passed as Jennie was still hospitalised.

She was finally allowed to be discharged.

This week was torture to see the least.

Seeing her friends all come everyday hurt her like anything, knowing that she would have to ghost them soon.

Today she was getting discharged, and no one knew other than the other three.

As she was signing the paperwork with her legal guardian, well the only one in the country at least was her brother, she was getting her stuff ready.

They already informed her that the media has been waiting almost everyday to see a glimpse of her to report on the news.

They got all her things as both Doyeon and soohyun helped carry them, much to her protest that she was fine.

Sure her arm was still in a cast, but that was normal just as she cracked her arm bone either way.

She greeted the doctors one last time before stepping out and suddenly being covered with flashes left and right.

"How did they even know my discharge date?" She  asked soohyun who was beside her.

"They didn't. They've been waiting a whole week for any updates" he says reminding her as she sighs.

Her car was already there as the hospital security had to help her get there due to the tense amount of media that they were unaware of before leaving.

Jennie got inside her car as she finally reached her house.

But what surprised her more than she thought, was that someone hadn't contacted her all week.

Mark.

He just forgot about her to simply put it.

She didn't think much of it as she brushed the thought of, as she was honestly relieved he didn't add to her immense stress.

She instead immediately got to work and started replying to emails, as one popped up in her inbox.

You see over this week, she was supposed to fly to Macau for an investment she was participating in, but due to her hospitality status, she was unavailable to make the trip.

Now the representative emailed her.

Dear Ms.Kim,

We heard about your car crash through the media and hope nothing too serious has been affecting you.

As you know however, our meeting was cancelled, and our CEO is not one to give second chances, but after being informed on your situation, he reconsidered and was quite understanding of your situation.

So instead, we'd like you to attend the gala taking place next weekend as a VIP rather than a regular guest, and then have a discussion there if needed.

Of course this is only possible on your recovery schedule so do get back to us when you find the time.

Wishing you a fast recovery,

Sinopec group.

She sighed as she read the email and opened the invitation attachment.

She already knew the dates as she was listed as a regular guest, however when being a regular guest to a huge gala of the sorts she was attending, there was no possible communication between the host and the guest.

However as a VIP you would be in a different area, which meant that you would actually get to communicate.

That was the difference.

Any how, Jennie called her secretary and informed
her of the new changes.

They were already planning to attend this weekend either way, so it all works out.

However now it meant she would have to memorise more material, as she couldn't possibly take work documents or files, or any of the sorts to a gala.

But what she knew, was that the other 10 of her friends, and Mark were guested as well.

She groaned at her situation.

"When the fuck did life get so complicated"