10. My step brother

*Knock knock*

The two knocks were heard on the office door.

"Come in"

Doyeon walked in as she saw Jennie sitting there with multiple files of paper around her as she skimmed through them and used her laptop simultaneously.

"Your resume?" Jennie said as she looked up.

Doyeon immediately handed it over and Jennie looked through.

"Take a seat"

She sat down as instructed.

"Why do you want the job?"
She asked after a moment and started looking through papers again.

Doyeon answered realistically.

"I need the money and experience"

She still had a poker face which made Doyeon slightly regret answering that as there was quite literally no sign of satisfaction.

"Why do you think your fit for the clothing industry"

"I can get it to work since it's a secretary position. I'll fit in since I've worked in other industries like the makeup and fit in just fine and would rather work with my secretarial position than a clothing artist position" Doyeon answered.

"Do you think you can be available 24/7 and never complain and always keep up with the work I give you?" Jennie asked again still not peeling her eyes off of the papers.

"Yes" Doyeon almost immediately answered.

"You're hired. Take the papers you need from outside and your office is right next door" she said handing her resume back.

"I don't need that anymore"

"Already?" Doyeon asked still surprised that Jennie hired her that quickly.

"You answered what I needed and I don't like to waste time. Waste mine and you won't be here long either" she said and Doyeon immediately nodded.

"Also I looked at your living accommodation and you live too far from the office. This one and the new one both. The company will provide accommodation for you" Jennie said as Doyeon was wide eyed

"Thank y-"

"It's not for you. I just don't want to do extra work for you when you might be late"
Jennie said and Doyeon took that as a sign of dismissing.

Doyeon left the office oblivious to Jennie's small smile.

"She's unique"
She told herself as she got back to work.

It was night time when Doyeon was almost done.

"Hey look I'm sorry to tell you this but you have to stay back an hour. I'll pay you for overtime if needed"
Jennie said as she walked out her office checking her watch.

Doyeon looked at the clock and sighed.

"How am I supposed to get a cab then..."
She muttered under her breath unsure.

"I'll have someone send you home don't worry about that" Jennie replied to her as her heels started clicking across the floor and after her small shock she followed forth.