22. Jan 14: Jisoo

Jisoo was at home after Jin abruptly had to leave.

He hadn't told her why exactly he had to immediately leave in a state which seemed like he suddenly was stolen from, but he did and so she was at home.

Around 20 minutes after he was gone, the doorbell rang.

It was very, very late at night.

Around 11:30 or so, maybe later.

But she didn't sleep knowing this person would arrive.

Jisoo opened the door, only to see a disheveled looking Jennie standing at her doorsteps.

"Unnie" she said as she met her eyes and Jisoo told her come in.

As she did, Jennie immediately hugged Jisoo and began sobbing as Jisoo held her in her arms.

"I knew it. I knew this was too abnormal to be normal" Jisoo whispered to Jennie as Jennie held her tighter.

They stayed like that for a few moments as Jisoo knew Jennie needed that comfort right then.

A few moments later Jennie and Jisoo were at their dining table with a fresh brewed pot of chamomile tea.

"Want to explain now" Jisoo asked resting a hand over Jennie's smaller ones.

Jennie nodded as she began telling her exactly what happened.

Flash back

Jennie was alone that evening of the 15th, as her phone rang.

She looked at the caller ID only to find out it was Mark.

Although she didn't want to pick up, she was curious as to what propelled him to call her even after she rashly made it clear she wanted nothing to do with him.

She picked up the phone to hear his explanation.

"Let's meet today evening at the restaurant. If you don't, trust me I'll reveal something you will certainly wish was never revealed" he said as ended the call.

She was confused.

A text message popped up on her phone, which showed a time and place.

She knew Mark well enough to know he wasn't bluffing, so she didn't bother changing and went to the place knowing it was only an hour later when they had to meet.

She reached the location as she went inside after giving her name.

As she was brought to the table, Jennie saw him sitting there.

"Have a seat" he said as she nodded and sat down.

"Why'd you call me hear Mark?" She asked confused.

"Well Jennie, this was the only way I knew on how to make you mine" he said as Jennie looked at him questioningly.

"If you think that this is a date, it-" Jennie began but stopped as Mark interrupted her.

"This very well is. That is, if you want to keep Yeri a secret" he said to which she froze.

'How did he know about yeri?' She thought as her hands began to shake.

He slid a glass of water over knowing her reaction which she immediately drank not caring to know if it was drunk or not.

"Date me Jennie. Don't contact your Friends after you do either. Stop talking to them completely. I mean I guess Jisoo and Jin are okay since they know. They know about how, you, killed her that night" he said as her breathing became laboured.

"I didn't kill her..." she said meekly as the memories flooded through her mind.

"Oh but you did. You know very well you did" Mark said smirking.

"So what is it. Would you rather have your friends find out you're a murderer and everyone know you are one, or simply abide by my rules. Ignore your friends, especially Taehyung, and date me." Mark said as Jennie was still thinking.

"I'll give you 5 seconds" he said as he smirking placing his head in one of his palms as he stared at her knowing the answer.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"O-"

"I'll do it" she immediately said to which he grinned in victory.

"Great" he said.

"My new love"

"Now as we go out, I already saw a paparazzi outside. Kiss me at the back entrance. Until he sees and has a picture. Then two days later an article will be out, and then everyone will know. After that article is out, you stop contacting or talking to anyone. That's the terms" he said as he put his utensils down.

She nodded slowly as tears brimmed her eyes.

"How did you know" she asked finally.

"I'm in the media life love, I know a lot of things" he said as a tear slid down her cheek.

"Don't cry, I'm not all that bad" he said as he stood up and brought her outside to the spot.

"Now" he said as he spotted someone and attached his lips to hers.

She pulled apart and walked to her faking a happy face, but as soon as she got inside she burst out in tears.

"Why me" is all she thought.

End of flashback

"That asshole" Jisoo said after hearing the situation.

"But you didn't kill her jen" Jisoo said trying to reassure her.

"No but I did, and you know that if I did one thing differently, she would still be alive. If I had told her I didn't hate her and didn't want her dead that night, she wouldn't have done that" Jennie said bursting out in tears.

"It'll be okay. It's going to be okay. You have me" Jisoo said as she rubbed Jennie's back in reassurance while hugging her.

But she sighed.

Why?

She didn't know if it was going to be okay.