Chapter 40~ Naira's birthday

The birthday celebrations started and everyone were waiting for Naira.

"Kartik where is Naira?" Suvarna asked.

"She was coming along with me, wait let me see in our room and come, maybe she is there." Kartik said and went upstairs to his room.

"Papa, bhai I miss you both so much. I wish you both were here. Pehle Rishikesh mein sabse durr rehna, and now I am back to Rishikesh. I miss everyone so much. Choti dadi, badi dadi, nani, mishti, and gayu di..." Naira said looking at a photo frame that she was holding.

"Have you ever seen a birthday girl crying?" Kartik entered

"Kartik! I miss everyone." Naira hugged Kartik.

"Jaan, I can understand, I am always with you, and trust me, everything will be fine, now stop crying please!" He wiped her tears

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to our dear Naira..." She heard some voices and looked up.

Akshara, Keerti, and Suvarna were standing in front of them with a laptop. Both Singhanias and Maheshwaris were there on a video call, wishing Naira.

"Aise birthday ke din itna sad kaun hota hai? Naira, smile please? For us?" Everyone said and she smiled.

"Naira di, you come here fast, see all your gifts are here, don't you want them?" Mishti said smiling.

"I want you all! I miss everyone."

"We also miss you beta! Come back to Udaipur Naira, to your family, we all miss you so much!" Kaveri said.

"Badi dadi, where is papa, bhai? And Gayu di?" Naira asked softly.

Everyone looked at each other as to what reply. Gayu was standing at the corner of the room, and saw everyone talking to Naira. Devyani signalled her to talk, but she walked out of the room.

"Naira, woh...Naitik has gone out, Naksh went with his friends and Gayu is busy with some office work." Devyani said.

"How are you Naira? Kartik?" Rajshree asked.

"We are fine, how are you all?"

"We are also fine beta. Now go for your birthday celebrations, and stay in the video call." Rajshree said.

They went down and Naira cut the cake, while all the others sang for her.

After the party, Naira went to the kitchen. Kartik came and hugged her from behind and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Kartik you scared me!" Naira said pushing him slightly.

"Tume aise kaun hug kar sakta hai jaan?This right is only and only mine! Because this sherni only belongs to her mendak!" He hugged her.

"Kartik koi aa jaayega, move now I have so much work!" Naira said trying to come out of his grip.

"Koi nahi aayega! Bhagwaan ji, why is my wife so unromantic?" Kartik said

"Unromantic? Aur main? Accha ji?" Naira said taking steps towards Kartik till he reached the wall.

"I will show you how romantic I am?" She said coming closer to him.

"Yeh kya hogaya hai meri wife ko achaanak se?" Kartik widened his eyes as Naira came closer to her and placed a kiss on his forehead first, then cheeks.

"Ehem ehem!" Karan cleared his throat and they both moved away. They looked at the door, and Kritika and Karan were standing there.

"Ab na, whenever Kartik and Naira are together I will add a do not disturb board there!" Karan said laughing while Kartik was glaring at him.

"Mere romance ke dushman! I will kill you Karan!" Kartik said.

"Kartik, why do you always forget that the place is either hall or kitchen?" Karan asked.

"Because I can't see anything other than my jaan!" Kartik smiled at Naira, and she looked anywhere but Kritika and Karan.

"Oii, majnu ji, let's go out now? Aunty is looking for you from so long. Now how should I tell her, that her son is busy romancing!" Karan said laughing.

"Karan!" Kartik ran behind him, Naira and Kritika shared a laugh seeing them both.

"These two will always remain kids, look at how they keep fighting at small small things!" Kritika said laughing.

"Naira, Kritika, come let's go out and play some games, come!" Keerti entered. All three of them went outside.

"Where were you Kartik?" Suvarna asked as he came outside.

"Woh.....actually..."

"He was busy in....." Kartik kept his hand on Karan's mouth to stop him.

"Let's play some games!" Kartik changed the topic after glaring at Karan who was laughing.

"Before that let's take a family photo!" Suvarna said.

"Okay!" Everyone said and stood to take the picture.

"Family photo mere bina?" They heard a voice and everyone turned looked at the door. To their shock it was Naksh.

"Naksh?"

"Bhai? Aap yahan?" Naira asked and ran towards him.

"Happy birthday Naira!" Naksh said and Naira hugged him, as tears streamed down her face.

"Naira, I am sorry! I am very sorry! I failed as a brother Naira. Instead of standing with you, supporting you, I went against you, I failed as an elder brother. I am not a good brother I know that. I was very wrong Naira. Ek behen ke pyaar mein dusri behen ke pyaar ko nahi samjh paya mein. I got over protective about you, without even thinking that Kartik loves you so much, and your happiness lies with him. As a brother I should have stopped you from coming here, from leaving your family, but I didn't. I don't deserve to be called as a brother Naira. But I am really very sorry for every mistake of mine, I was very wrong all this time. I never understood how much you both love each other. I am sorry Naira!" Naksh apologized.

Hey guys! How are you all?

How was the chapter? Thank you so much for waiting for so long, I still have one exam left, but I thought to update it today. I really hope you all enjoy reading it.

Are you guys liking the story so far? Honest opinions please, I really want to know what you think about this book.

Thank you so much for reading❤️