Chapter 42~Karwa Chauth- 1

It was Karwa Chauth. All the ladies came down.

"Oh no, I am getting late, everyone will be waiting for me." Naira said to herself and got up to go down but Kartik pulled her back, and she fell on the bed next to Kartik.

"Kartik, I am already late. And where are you going? Vrath toh mera hai na." Naira said getting up.

"No! I am also going to fast with you!" Kartik said.

"You? Tum kyu vrath rakhoge?" Naira said folding her arms.

"You can do so much to prove your love for me, and fast for me, I will also keep the fast with you!" Kartik said smiling.

"Accha ji? Okay patidev, chalo ab! Everyone will be waiting." Naira kissed on his cheek.

"I love you!" She said before leaving the room and Kartik smiled and replied, "I love you too!"

****************

"Naira!" Kartik called her.

"Where did she go early morning?" Kartik said to himself and went downstairs.

"Naira!" He called again.

"Kya hua Kartik?" Naira replied from the kitchen.

"I was looking for you from so long!" Kartik came to hug her from behind but Naira moved away.

"Kartik, aaj Karwa chauth hai, I have so much work to do!" Naira said.

"But Naira..."

"I still have to prepare something, then go to mandir with dadi. I also have to prepare for the pooja. After completing the pooja here, we have to go there also for Karwa chauth. It's my first festival with family, and there is so much work to do Kartik!" Naira said moving from one corner to the other, panicking.

"Naira!" Kartik said slowly.

"And Kartik...." Naira started to speak, but Kartik kept his finger on her lips and made her stand in front of him.

"Kartik I have to..."

"Shh! Calm down jaan! Don't stress so much. Everything will be done, perfectly, don't worry! You sit here." He said making her sit.

"I can't Kartik! There is so much work to do, and time is so less." Naira got up.

"Sab hojaayega Naira, stop panicking jaan!"

"Kaise hoga Kartik!"

"When we are together, everything is possible Naira. We will complete everything together, don't worry jaan!" Kartik said holding her hand.

"I love you so much Kartik!" Naira hugged him.

"I love you too Naira!" Kartik replied.

Kartik got up, and started looking for something.

"What are you looking for? Tell me, I will give it!" Naira asked.

"There is something, without which I don't like to start my day!" Kartik said looking at her.

"What is it?"

"My jaan's smile!" He replied.

"Please smile now? For me?" Kartik said and she smiled looking at him.

"Now let's go?" Naira asked and he nodded.

Both of them came down to see the preparations. Soon Kartik got a call from one of his clients.

"Naira, I have to go!" Kartik said her.

"Where are you going?"

"I have an urgent meeting with a client, I need to go!"