Chapter 28~ Kartik's engagement!?

All preparations for the engagement had started. Everyone was getting ready to go to Goenka villa.

"I think I should tell everything to Naksh. He loves his sister, he cares for her, he will understand." Keerti thought.

"Keerti? Is something bothering you? What happened?" Naksh asked as he saw her lost in some thoughts.

"Naksh, don't you think that all this is too early? Just yesterday our marriage, and today Kartik's engagement. Can't we postpone it for few days?" Keerti asked

"I understand Keerti. But as dadi said, this is the best date for the engagement, and then after karva chauth we can keep the wedding. Don't worry about the arrangements, everything is done!" Naksh said with a slight smile.

"I want to tell you something. It's about Nai...." she said but got cut off when she heard someone knock the door.

"Naksh!" Akshara called out. "Haan mumma!" He opened the door and Akshara walked in.

"I brought this necklace for you Keerti, it will look really good with the lehanga you're wearing today. And Naksh, get ready and come down fast. Till then I will see if Gayu is ready or not!" Akshara said. She handed over the box to Keerti and went out.

"Naira, please don't cry, everything will be fine!" Kartik said on call.

"But how Kartik!? It's your engagement today, and we can't do anything! Now it's not even the right time to tell everyone the truth. How will we stop this engagement. And I don't want to come today." Naira said as she wiped her tears.

"Jaan, you trust me na?" Kartik asked.

"More than anyone else!"

"So, I promise that this marriage won't happen.  I will never give your place in my life to someone else. I won't ever marry anyone else. I love you, and always will be with you. This mendak only belongs to his sherni." Kartik said, which brought a slight smile on Naira's face.

"Naira!" Keerti came inside.

"Bhabi?! Kartik I will call you later!" Naira said and kept the call.

"You are not ready yet?" Keerti asked.

"I know how you're feeling now, but I will make sure that this engagement doesn't happen! You haven't eaten anything from last night. Have some food please!" Keerti said as she gave her juice.

"I don't want to eat anything! I will go and get ready!" Naira said and got up to go out.

"I have to do something to stop this engagement. Kartik and Naira love each other so much, I can't let them break apart!" Keerti thought.

"Mishti, call Naira from her room. I don't even know if she's ready or not!" Akshara said as she made Gayu ready.

"Mumma I am here!" Naira entered.

"Gayu di looks so beautiful!" Mishti said looking at Gayu through the mirror.

"Yes she does!" Naira whispered softly.

"What happened Naira? Are you fine? You look really dull? Is everything okay?" Akshara asked as she went towards Naira.

"I am fine mumma! I just have some headache, that's it! We should leave now, let's go!" She replied.

All of them left Singhania Sadan and came to Goenka villa for the engagement.

"Naira, you aren't feeling well?" Kritika asked as she looked at her.

She hadn't slept the whole night. Neither had she eaten anything. She was so weak, she could faint any moment. Kritika took her inside, and made her lie down for sometime.

"Keerti where is Naira? How is she?" Kartik asked as soon as Keerti entered his room

"She might be down! Don't worry she is fine. After some time, just go and make her eat something, she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday." Keerti replied

"Kuch bhi karke yeh engagement ko rokna hoga! And before the marriage, I will tell everyone the truth!" Kartik said.

"I will manage something! You go down now."

"Karan, we have to do something to stop this engagement!" Kritika whispered

"I have an idea! Let's hide the engagement ring!" Karan said, and Kritika stared at him

"What an idea!" Kritika said sarcastically

"Yeah I know! Karan's ideas are always good!" Karan said smiling

"That was a bad idea! By hiding the engagement ring, it would just postpone the engagement, after they get the ring they would still continue with the engagement!"

"We need to do something, that will cancel the engagement!" Kritika said

"That will only happen, if they find the ring na! Give me Kartik's ring. And even if they find it, till they find, we will get time to think of something right!" Karan told Kritika

"His ring is with Suvarna Aunty!" Kritika replied

"Gayu's ring at least?"

"That's with Akshara aunty." Kritika said.

"What will we do now?" Karan asked as he thought of some idea.

"Let's start the engagement! Call Kartik and Gayu!" Suhasini said.

Keerti and Preeta bought Kartik and Gayu down. They were going to start the ceremony.

"Keerti di, we need to do something!" Kritika whispered, as she saw that the engagement ceremony was about to begin.

"Wait! Where is Naira!?" Keerti asked slowly

"She is in the room i think!" Kritika said.

"Dadi wait! We can't let this engagement happen. I mean, where is Naira? She is only not here. It's her sister and best friend's engagement! We will wait for her to come!"

"Haan, Naira kahan hai?" Akshara asked as she looked around searching for her

"I will go and tell Naira not to come down anytime soon!" Kritika whispered and went upstairs

"We will wait for her to come!" Keerti said.

"Naksh, call Naira and ask her where is she?" Akshara said and Naksh called her

"Mumma it's not reachable!" He replied. Till then Keerti got a call from Kritika.

"Keerti di, Naira is not here! I checked in other rooms also, she is not there anywhere! I hope she is fine, I don't know where did she go!" Kritika said panicking.

Hey guys! How are you all?

How was the chapter? Where did Naira go? Will she be fine? Kartik will get engaged? What do you think will happen next?

Thank you for reading❤️