Cherish

"Shh Maria!" Felix whispered to his little girl who was bursting with excitement. The two of them (mostly Felix) had decorated the entire living room up. Baby blue, white and silver sashes were hung up and balloons in similar shade were standing in prominent places. Most importantly of all, there was a big banner reading "Happy Anniversary". They had gone all out just for today as it was their 5th.

Felix wanted to make it special to mark the milestone. They really hadn't stopped loving each other one bit since marriage like most old men and women would tell them. To be honest, Felix often liked to believe they had a special bond and that their love was like no other, because he was secretly a sappy romantic just like his husband no matter how much he may deny it.

"Dada, come hide over here!" Maria ushered, hurrying him over to hide behind the sofa. Of course, Felix gladly followed her, smiling softly to himself as he took in how much she'd grown over the last three years. How strange to think they had celebrated her 6th birthday just two months ago in January, she really was growing up.

The sound of the front door opening was heard as who could only be Chan stepped into the house. Felix and Maria had to cover their mouths to suppress their excitable giggles.

"Lixie baby?" Chan called out from the hall and he could be heard putting away his coat and bag. "I'm home, come cuddle me."

Felix smiled widely but kept silent and stayed seated beside Maria, sharing glances with one another.

"Baby?" Chan audibly sighed. "Maria? Do you know where Dada is? Daddy wants to cuddle him."

The two stayed quiet but kept smiling. Chan let out another sigh and his footsteps began to head to the living room they were hidden in.

"Ba— Holy shit..."

"SURPRISE!" Maria shouted as her and Felix bounced up from behind the sofa. Felix smiled widely at his husband who as usual had tears in his eyes from whenever he was treated so special like this.

"Happy 5th anniversary Channie hyung." Felix teased and hurried over to his side, Maria following too.

"My daddies have been together sooooo long!" Maria giggled, her laughter contagious and making her dads laugh with her.

"We've been in each other's lives even longer than just 5 years bubs." Felix smiled at his girl as he lent to rest his head onto Chan's chest.

"Mhm..." Chan hummed, trying to hide his tears and cover up his sniffles. "So long... I wouldn't want it any other way." His voice wavered and he grabbed tightly on to the back of Felix's shirt, burrying his face into the younger's shoulder to let out his tears. Chan loved Felix so much, he doubt he could put into words no matter how hard he tried.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Maria asked, concern evident in her sweet voice. She really cared for her dads, especially Chan since the break down he went on to have after going to Lottie's. She remembered hearing him sob late in the night from her bedroom across the hall and Felix comforting him.

"Yes, I-I'm just really happy..." Chan managed to say back to her through his tears. He extended his arm to pull her into the hug as well.

These were the people he loved the most. All the effort it took for them to decorate this whole living room to surprise him when he got home... He admired it so much and was so grateful to call them his family.