Only Yours,

Maria had packed her bags and so had her girlfriend, Kassie. They were ready to leave Australia together for University and Chan was supporting them all the way. He'd even drove them down to the airport just now where they were waiting to be called onto their flight.

Watching Maria grow up had been a wonderful yet grueling experienced for Chan. He had tried his best to give her everything possible while overcoming his own struggles and mental battles. Losing Felix was the hardest battle to overcome and explaining to Maria why she didn't have another parent and why he didn't want to marry anyone else was the next hardest. But look how far he had come.

From a deep depression, to living happily again. To feeling whole and like he meant something once more. It took years, now here he his, ready to say goodbye to his daughter. She's all grown up. An adult now. And she's gorgeous both in personality and face, she's confident and owns herself, knows what she wants and goes for it. If anyone had told Chan he could raise Maria to the person she is today back when he first lost himself, he wouldn't believe a word.

"Oh, Dad!" Maria gasped, reaching into her backpack for something. She pulled out a journal and handed it over. "I almost forgot but I finally finished reading Dada's old journal, you can have it back before we leave."

Chan smiled and pushed the book back towards her.

"You can keep it Mar," He said, confusing his daughter entirely. "How else will you remember him? I want my grandkids to know about him too, so what use would it be if I kept it?"

"Dad, are you sure?"

"Of course I am, I have enough stuff of his left at home." Chan spoke, chuckling a little. Maria nodded.

"I guess so."

Chan noticed the falter in Maria's smile as she tucked the journal back in her bag. She reached to take ahold of her girlfriend's hand and picked up her own suitcase as the loud speaker called out where they were headed to.

"Goodbye Dad!" Maria smiled, waving.

"Bye bye future father-in-law!" Kassie chuckled as she too waved.

"Bye kiddos, call me when you land! Stay safe!"

They left and Chan did as well. He had somewhere to be.

It was the 25th of March. His and Felix's anniversary. This one, he decided to make a little more special.

Chan drove away from the airport, stopping outside of the cemetery. With a sigh, he got out of the car and walked in through the gate.

The cemetery would never sit right with him, no matter how many times a year he visited. He'd always go on their anniversary, Felix's birthday and deathday, his own birthday and Maria's too. Sometimes he'd just come here when his mind was clouded and he didn't know what to do. He'd sit in front of Felix's grave and ramble about anything and everything, leaving flowers, sometimes little gifts as well.

He walked over and found Felix's instantly, he'd walked to it so many times that the pathway was stuck in his head. He sat down cross legged in front of it and sighed.

"Happy anniversary Lixie..." Chan mumbled out. "I didn't bring flowers today because I got you those yesterday and it'd be a waste to throw them away... But, I got you something else."

He reached into his pocket, pulling out an envelope and a small box.

"I wrote you a love letter," Chan whispered, his voice shaking a little as he wasn't used to being sentimental. "I realized the last one I wrote you one, I didn't actually write much... So I thought you'd like this one more."

With that he placed the envelope beside the orchids already laying there in a bouquet.

"Then... I saw this couples necklace when I went shopping last week... I knew if you were here you'd be nagging me to buy it, so I did." He smiled, placing the necklace box on top of the envelope. He reached into the neck hole of his shirt and brought up the delicate chain with a heart pendant dangling from it. "If you could wear it, we'd match... you'd have the only key to my heart..."

Chan averted his gaze as he felt the tears running down his face. He sniffled and tried to wipe them away but they just kept coming.

"I-I love you L-Lixie." He stammered out over his sniffles. "I-I didn't want t-to cry today, i-its supposed to be h-happy..."

“You always cry on our anniversaries, Channie.”