Chan.

“You always cry on our anniversaries, Channie.”

Felix smiled to himself, leaning on his elbows against the top of his gravestone, standing behind it as he watched his husband silently sob in front of him.

He was dead.

He'd been dead for a while and he knew that.

When he died, he didn't want to walk towards the light. It wasn't as enticing as people made it out to be in stories.

It was between the light or his family and he had ran back to them, alas he was too slow. He couldn't make it back to life, the truck had crushed his body just as he got there. So instead his soul was bound to Chan's and he would go everywhwere he'd go.

He found it so adorable and funny when Chan would visit his grave and tell him what he'd been up to because Felix already knew. He'd been stuck following him for as long as he lives, able to hear and experience all the things he did.

Sometimes it was disheartening when he saw Chan doing things he didn't want him to do. Especially during the beginning, in his first few years of death.

He'd follow his husband, feeling all the pain and sadness he did. Then having no choice but to watch him try to relieve it in ways he never wanted to see again.

Felix was more than overjoyed to see how happy Chan had become now. Sure, he's seen him have moments where all he could do was cry but he's come so far. Felix could only be proud and silently cheer him on from the side lines where he'd never be seen.

“Thank you so much for treating me, Channie, you don't have to.”

He said again despite knowing Chan would never hear a word he uttered.

Felix reached and picked up the necklace box. Of course, to the real world, he hadn't picked it up at all but to himself he had the box in his hands. He popped off the little top lid and smiled brightly at the sight of the necklace. It was so pretty and perfect. He adored it so much and was quick to put it on.

“It looks so pretty...”

Then he reached for the envelope. He carefully opened it up and took out the letter inside. Felix walked over and took a seat on the floor beside his husband who was wiping up his tears, finally calming down.

He opened up the paper and began reading it aloud to himself.

“Only Mine,

The odds of existing are slim.

So the odds of you and me having existed at the same time must've been next to impossible...

And I think that's beautiful.

Sometimes I hate the universe for taking you from me.

But then again...

Maybe the universe does work in my favour after all.

Because I got the chance to love you.

—Only Yours,
Chan”

Felix giggled.

“Who knew you were such a poet... I can't wait to walk with you into the light, then we can be together again...”