We

Years would whizz by yet the struggle of the pressuring will of time would never stop the two boys from meeting together under their tree by the river. Most friends who met at young ages would drift apart quickly as they grew older however this typical thing seemed never to happen between Chan and Felix. In fact, they only ever seemed to grow closer and closer.

"You know, Lix, you were cute when you were five." Chan cheekily said with a smile. He was leant back against the tree, watching Felix who was sat further in front by the river, dipping his feet into the cool water and sloshing it slowly back and forth.

"No I wasn't!" Felix whined, kicking his feet and making the water splash. "I was so dumb when I was five."

"Yeah but it was cute!"

"Was not!"

"Agree to disagree?" Chan offered. He crawled over the grass to Felix, sitting up on his knees beside him and holding up his pinky to him. Felix rolled his eyes at the childish gesture.

"Sure." He said, wrapping his pinky around Chan's.

The two of them sat still together in silence for a few moments. It was rather comfortable just like always, until one of them spoke up.

"Hey, Chanie?" Felix began.

"Mhm."

"What's high school like?"

Chan sighed, of course he'd ask that. Felix was in his final year of primary school and right now was the summer holidays so he was worrying more and more about the new school. Chan knew high school was just fine like any other school but he was once in the same shoes as Felix and wanted to make it easier for him.

"It's a bit tough but I'll be by your side." He spoke, being as honest as he could and wrapped an arm over the younger shoulders.

Felix smiled both at the words and the warming action.

"You'll make it a piece of cake for me, right?" He asked, looking up at the older and his eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Of course." Chan spoke, ruffling up the youngers brown hair. "I'll make sure you have fun and it'll be a piece of cake."

"Thanks hyung."

"Are you scared of not having friends?"

Felix nodded. Chan took his hand and pulled out a pen, beginning to doodle something. When he lent back, it Felix looked at it, smiling. It was a little dinosaur snail thing— Chan wasn't too sure himself.

"They can be your first friend, so you won't be lonely without me."

Felix smiled and fell into Chan for a hug.

"I love them hyung, thank you, you always cheer me up."