Chapter 52

"My parents haven't been here in a while," Lucy frowned as she tried to clasp a necklace around her neck, "I'm kind of worried."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about," Sawyer said, "nothing can happen to them really."

"Yes, I know," Lucy huffed in frustration, "it's just odd...help me with this, will you?"

Sawyer pushed himself up off of her bed and took the dainty necklace from her.

"They were around nearly 24/7 and they haven't even stopped in for the last couple weeks," Lucy explained, holding up her hair.

"Maybe they're busy?" Sawyer suggested, clasping the silver chain, "I don't know, Luce, I'm sorry."

"Thanks," Lucy fidgeted with the pendant hanging by her collarbones, "you're probably right."

"Of course I am," Sawyer teased, "come on, darling, we're going to be late."

"Alright, alright," Lucy sighed, "grab my purse, will you?"

As Lucy fixed her lipgloss, Sawyer grabbed her bag from where it hung on the back of her door.

"You look lovely," Aberforth kissed Lucy's forehead as they entered the living room.

"Thanks, Uncle Abe," Lucy smiled.

He just grinned and ruffled her auburn hair.

"Are we ready?" Sawyer fixed the collar of his shirt.

"I think so," Lucy nodded, grabbing the wrapped present from the coffee table.

"We should go," Aberforth checked his watch, "we don't want to be late now."

The three of them left the pub and stood in the street.

"Grab my arms, both of you," Aberforth ordered.

Lucy took his hand and Sawyer placed a hand on the old man's shoulder.

In the next second, they were no longer in Hogsmeade.

An enormous, black dog bounded out of the house infront of them and nearly knocked Lucy off her feet.

"Sirius," Lucy laughed as the dog stood on its hind legs and left sloppy kisses all over her face, "get off!"

The dog turned into a man, pulling the small girl into a tight hug.

"I missed you," Lucy sighed, hugging him tightly.

"Aberforth," Sirius withdrew from the embrace to shake the old man's hand, "how're you?"

"Well I'm over a century old raising two teenagers," Aberforth heartily chuckled, "and somehow, I still look younger than you."

"Well twelve years in Azkaban will do that to you," Sirius boomed, clasping Abe's shoulder, "how're the goats, old man?"

"Long gone," Aberforth shook his head, "Lucille here is allergic, we found out when she was about two. Broke out in nasty red spots."

Sirius turned to Lucy with wide eyes, "wow, he must really love you if he gave up his goats for you!"

"Have you met her?" Sawyer smiled fondly, "how could he not?"