Chapter 33

An: Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting on my book 😊 Sorry for any inaccuracies in this chapter. I haven't watched the sports festival arc in a while 😓

Your POV

I waited patiently for Midnight to explain the rules of the next event: the Calvary Battle. She starts to explain that the students must form teams of a maximum of four people: one rider and at least one horse. Each student is given a point value and a team's value depending on where their members finished in preliminaries. The forty-second place finish is worth five points, with five points added to the point value with each cascading place. The first place finisher, however, is worth ten million points.

Individual point values are added together to reach each team's total. These point values are displayed via headbands. The goal of the game is to steal headbands in order to raise the team's score. Contestants are not allowed to make each other fall on purpose. Even if a team loses their headband or falls down, they can compete until the thirty-minute time limit is up. We are then given 15 minutes to form our teams.

I see many students try to team up with Kacchan because he came in third in the first event. He saw me and started power walking over in my direction. Obviously, I turned the other way and was immediately faced with Izu and Ochachan. I can tell from the looks in their eyes that they are trying to recruit me for their team.

"Oi. What do you extras think you're doing?" He started angrily. "Y/n is going to team up with me!"

"Nope," Ochachan stated.

"What did you say?" Kacchan asked kinda shocked anyone dared to talk back to him.

"I said nope," she stated. "Y/n is teaming up with us."

They bickered back and forth for a couple of minutes before I had enough and decided to just leave them. I looked around hoping I wasn't too late to join the team I really wanted to join. I mentally cheered when I saw the fluffy lilac hair attached to the insomniac lookin boy. I quickly jogged over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Can I join your team?" I asked him hopefully.

His tired eyes looked at me and he gave me a genuinely happy smile. "Of course you can. I needed one more anyway."

"Great." I smiled back at him squealing internally at his adorableness.

My new team consisted of me, Ojiro, Shoda, and of course Shinso. For those of you who don't know, Shoda is a hero course student in Class 1-B. The only reason why I know him is because he's friends with Iida. We started to plan out a strategy to make it to the next event. While talking I noticed, Izu and Ochachan looking at me with a betrayed expression. I also noticed Kacchan looking like he wanted to commit murder.

Anyway, the final countdown starts so we take our positions. Once the final countdown concludes, Midnight announces the beginning of the game. Mostly all the teams rush Team Midoriya at once excluding my team. We go and start taking the small fries headbands. I could hear Kacchan yelling at the anime version of the kazoo kid. I snicker earning an annoyed grunt from Shinso. We continue grabbing as many headbands as we could before time ran out.

I saw Kacchan use his quirk to propel himself to Izu and Shoto to try and get their headbands. But before he could reach them, time ran out putting an end to the game. Present Mic reveals the top four teams one by one. Unsurprisingly, Team Todoroki comes in first. Team Bakugou came in second. Team Shinso came in third. YES!! And Team Midoryia came in fourth.

Once the top four teams are announced, Ojiro and Shoda both decide to withdraw from the finals. They believed they were used as pawns by Shinso during the second round. Which I mean they kinda were so I don't blame them. Since I teamed up with him of sound mind, I didn't withdraw from the finals. They were replaced with Testutestu and that vine haired lady whose name I can't remember.

When it's time for lunch, I happily go to grab my lunch. With a horrifying thought, I realize that I forgot to grab it in my daze this morning. I groan knowing I'm gonna die of hunger. Or that's what I thought before Niko mysteriously materialized with a bento box out of nowhere. She handed me the box and motioned for me to follow her. Curious as to what she wanted, I followed while eating my new bento box.

She walked to a place I found familiar. Then it hit me like that brick that hit Jason. I was where Shoto confronts Izu. We hide around a corner and watch as they come into view. Niko offered me some popcorn. Where she got it I'll never know. Shoto asked him the same question he asked me. I had to put a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. He then went on to explain his dark past which made me want to slap Endeavor silly.

When they left to get ready for the next event, we came out of our little hiding place. I took and shaky breath. Niko gave me a reassuring smile and wished me good luck in the next event. I returned her smile and back went to the arena. When I got there, I met up with Shinso. Ojiro gave me a worried look. I didn't know why until I remembered that Shinso brainwashed him and Shoda into being on his team.

I'll admit. That wasn't very cash money of him