Part 9 {Killing the awkwardness}

A few days have passed. The Marauders still gave off weird and awkward vibes when I was around. I started spending less time around them, as we'd usually only sit in quietness looking at each other.

James and I usually just snogged on staircases or we'd talk about quidditch. Remus barely talked to me during Herbology and sat apart in Transfiguration. Sirius would sometimes crack a joke or two during Charms or lunch. Peter was the only one who could keep a conversation going with me.

-

One Wednesday I had decided I have had enough. James, Sirius and Peter were all talking about quidditch when I sat down next to them.

"What happened the weekend of the party?" I asked bluntly, interrupting their conversation.

The three of them looked at me shocked, not knowing where I came from.

"Hmm?" I asked shooting them a glare.

"What do you mean?" James asked, trying to put his arm around my shoulder.

I lightly pushed his arm way, looking at him mad.

"What's wrong darling?" he asked looking utterly confused.

"You guys have been acting completely different since the Gryffindore party" I said looking at them furious. "You get quiet when I enter conversations. You avoid me around school. The four of you, including Moony glare at each other like you want to kill each other. Moony has been avoiding me during Herbology and Transfiguration. What the fuck happened that weekend?" I asked, needing an answer.

James sighed, looking at me sadly. "You got drunk, without me noticing. Then Wormtail, Padfoot and Moony lost their shit because I didn't control your drinks", he looked at me hoping that was a good enough answer.

"Sirius?" I looked at him, wanting his side of the story. "What is your problem?"

He looked down at his books. "I really didn't see anything that whole party. I was drunk, snogging off with a girl" his words were true.

"Peter?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

I looked at these three boys, two of them were clearly lying. I scoffed looking at their ashamed faces. "You expect me to belie-"

"Lucy" someone interrupted me, placing their hand on my shoulder. I looked up at Lily, who stood with sorrow in her eyes. "Can we talk?" she asked holding my shoulder tighter.