Part 33 {Scratch surprise}

I sat on my bed, reading a book alone. Riley had snuck out of the common room to Mason's and Mya had snuck to group study at the Ravenclaws. I was invited, but I declined, as I didn't like group studies much.

The bedroom was so peaceful and quiet without Riley's false singing or Mya's snoring. It was just me, the sound of my breathing and the turning of pages.

I could easily get lost in big words like Syzygy, Laconic, Eternity and Psithurism. They show you that the dictionary for words are basically limitless. The meanings go beyond your imagination, making the world endless.

Suddenly someone knocked on my locked dorm door. I jumped up and put my book down at the foot of my bed. I walked over to the door and slowly opened it, seeing a bloody person in front of me.

"Remus?" I yelled seeing his blood.

"Hi Stars" he smiled, holding his chest. He looked more glad to see me than in pain. I gently pulled him into my dorm, closing the door behind him.

"Oh my Merlin! What happened to you?" I asked scared. I let him sit on my bed while I ran to get bandages and cream.

"I encountered a bear out there. But I'll survive" he said grunting as he sat up straight.

"Remus, you're bleeding! How could you not be worried!" I dropped the bandages on the bed, long with the cream. "Ooh my Merlin, ooh Merlin, ooh Merlin, ooh Merlin" I panicked as I sat on my knees. "Pull off your shirt Remus" I said pulling some cotton out of my bedside table.

"Stars" he mumbled trying to calm me down.

"We have to stop the bleeding" I said applying cream on the cotton.

"Stars" he shouted, cupping his hands around my face. I froze and looked at him in his eyes. I had fear in my eyes, panic in my blood. I took deep breaths, looking at his eyes. "Breath in" he said inhaling. "And out" he said exhaling.

I did so, calming down. "Okay, I'm calm" I said looking back at his eyes.

He smiled and let go of my cheeks. He grunted when he tried to lift his arms up.

"No, no, no" I said stopping him. "Let me rather cut your shirt" I stood up and walked over to my school bag, pulling out scissors. I kneeled down in front of him again, lightly taking his shirt, pulling it away from his skin. He took deep breaths from the pain.

I slowly started cutting the shirt, trying not to touch his skin. I slowly opened his shirt, seeing two large cuts on his chest.

"Oh my" I gasped almost dropping the scissors. I put the scissors down, my hands shaking. I took another deep breath.

I took the cotton and applied some cream on it. I took a deep breath before slowly and softly applying it on his cuts. He flinched when I first started. I then placed my one hand on his leg, while placing the cream on his chest with the other.

Remus looked down at me, losing himself in my focus. He smiled, even though he was in pain. He lost his feeling of pain after a few moments. His flinches and grunts stopped, and his heartbeat became more hearable.

I softly applied the last bit of cream on the last piece of scar that stretched over his stomach. I froze when I finished, realizing I was at his stomach. My mind stopped working. I was looking straight at a body I didn't know he had.

My breaths became deeper and slower. My heart filled with butterflies.

He lift my chin with his hand, making me look him in his eyes. I felt, daring. He started moving closer to me, his eyes looking down at my lips. I took deep breaths as his lips were inches away. He closed his eyes, pulling me closer.

But I pulled away and stood up. "We should, get you a shirt" I said clearing my throat. I walked over to my drawers, pulling one out and shuffling through it. "I ought to have something here" I mumbled looking harder.

"Lucy" Remus said softly.

"I ought to have one don't worry" I panicked. My breaths became faster and deeper. My hands started shaking as I pulled shirts out of my drawer throwing them to the ground.

"Lucy" he said again a bit louder.

I grabbed a man's shirt, smiling through my rapped breaths. As I turned around, I immediately stood staring right into his scarred chest.

I took another deep breath, shaking. He suddenly bent down and kissed me, without thinking twice. I was stunned. I froze, closing my eyes. His lips on mine felt, right. I dropped the shirt on the floor. He put his hands around my waist, holding me. I stood frozen for a while, before cupping my hands onto his cheeks. We stood like that for a few minutes, just kissing.

He gently pulled away and looked down at me, frozen and stunned. His heavy breath filled into my ears. I pulled my hands away from his cheeks, looking up at his eyes. He smiled and pulled his arms away from my waist.

"I need to put the bandages on now" I whispered, looking away. He walked backwards, still looking at me. Before I knew it, he tripped backwards falling over a chest.

He immediately shot up and smiled embarrassed. "I'm okay" He smiled, turning around sitting on my bed.

I giggled and picked up the shirt I had dropped earlier. I walked back to him, picking up the bandages and unwrapping them. I stood behind Remus, slowly wrapping the bandages around his chest. He saw book I was reading and picked it up.

"Lover's angel to the end?" He asked reading the heading. I grabbed the book from his hands as I stood in front of him.

"I'm still reading it" I said putting my book down on my nightstand. I turned back to him and tucked the bandage in, making sure it's secure. I grabbed the shirt and handed it to Remus.

"Put it on. It has buttons, so it won't hurt as much" i said as I walked back to my drawer, picking up all the clothes I threw on the floor. "The wounds will take a few weeks to heal. You hurt yourself pretty badly" I pushed the shirts into my drawer, squeezing it shut.

"Thank you, Stars" he smiled, looking at me clean my floor. He sat back against the headboard of my bed. He rested his hand on his chest, the other he pulled through his hair, curling his fingers up in it. He stared at me sweeping my floor, chuckling lightly.

"Thank you" he whispered, soft enough not for me to hear.