Part 39 {Truth or dare ditching 4}

Lily spun the bottle, landing on Remus.

"Truth or dare Moony"
"Truth"
"Why did you sneak into the common room at four-thirty this morning?"
"I fell asleep somewhere else"
"Where?"
"Stars' dorm"

Suddenly everyone got silent and looked at us both. They all looked either shocked or confused. Remus looked unbothered, like he didn't care to say it. I knew he wasn't drunk, or tipsy. He had about two shots and that's it.

"You slept where?" James asked looking a little furious.

"I slept at Stars'" he didn't look scared or angry. He had his one knee to his chest, resting his head on it.

James frowned, looking at me. "And why?" he asked with a temper in his voice. Lily moved out from between his legs and sat next to him on the ground.

"He needed help" I said looking at his temper.

I knew James, he got jealous easily, but I didn't see him anything near jealous after we broke up.

"With what?" he asked, a little louder.

Confused I looked at Remus and noticed that they didn't know. They had no idea that Remus got hurt. I frowned and tilted my head. Remus looked back at me, noticing that I knew that he didn't tell them.

"I got hurt" he admitted, looking back James. Shocked James looked from me to Remus.

"Hurt?" Peter asked grabbing our attention.

Remus unbuttoned the shirt, showing the bandages. "I got attacked last night by a bear when I was out with the moon. I went to Stars' and she helped me. It was too late to go back to the Gryffindore common room, so I fell asleep in her bed. I don't know what's the fuss all about?"

"In her bed?" James asked, his voice rising. He frowned, exchanging looks between the two of us. He crossed his arms and sat back against a tree behind him.

I scoffed and looked at him surprised. "What the fuck is the problem? He was fucking hurt. You ganna kill him now because he fell asleep in my bed?" I frowned.

I couldn't believe him. Is he seriously jealous right now? James Potter is seriously jealous of what I do?

"He fell asleep in your fucking bed Lucy, what do you expect my reaction to be? Oh no it's cool that you slept with my ex? No, Lucy! He had no fucking right. He was at my ex's dorm and fell asleep in my ex's bed, what fucking nerves did he have to do that shit? Huh?" he yelled, furiously drunk.

And then I lost it.

"What the fuck? Slept in my bed, not in me. We didn't have sex you mental twat!" I yelled standing up. I felt Remus lightly trying to grab my arm, but I pulled away, being more and more furious.

"Everything has to be about you? Everything is always about James Potter, the most amazing fucking Marauder!" I started getting more and more angry. "You are not the centre of attention. The world doesn't move around you" I curled my fingers, forming fists.

"Stars" Remus said trying to take my hand again. I didn't even look at him, I was focused on James.

"Are you fucking serious Lucy?" James yelled standing up. "You are mental. First you kiss Wormtail outside your dorm, only a few months after we break up, then you have Padfoot to be your boyfriend to help stand up against Mason, and now you fall asleep with little Moony. I think Mason might have been right"

I stopped. What did he mean? Was he really honest? Or was he just wasted?

"Now let me be honest, you are a slut. You are a fucked-up mess. You are a fucking freak. And you can go fuck yourself" his words left his mouth before he could stop himself.

My heart scattered. I'd understand if Mason said that, but James? It broke me.

I stood there speechless; my breaths were becoming harder to catch. My eyes started tearing up and my hands started shaking.

Suddenly James had realized what he had did, his heart shattering too. "Lucy" he said, realizing he fucked up.

I looked away and just grabbed my bag off of the log next to Peter.

"Lucy, no I'm sorry" he tried taking my arm, but I pulled away, dodging him.

I started tearing up as I reversed, looking around at everyone. Most of them sat speechless, not knowing what to say. The others looked mad, not at me but James. I turned around and everything started to blur. The voices became fuzzy sounds and the branches started appearing out of nowhere. I started walking faster and faster, to a point where I started jogging.

My breaths became harder and harder to catch. My hands became restless and everything started turning blurry again.

"Lucy wait"
"Fuck off mate"
"Moony back off"
"Guys stop!"
"Lucy, wait!"
"Your fucked Prongs"
"I'm sorry"
"Lucy!"
"Shut the fuck up"
"She's ganna get lost"
"What's your fucking problem?"
"She's drunk guys"
"Prongs is fucking wasted as well"
"Where is she going?"
"We need to stop her!"
"Lucy!"
"Lucy"
"Ellen! Wait"
"Stars!"
"Luce!"

The voices started fading away as I disappeared further into the dark forest. After a few moments I had completely lost them. They were nowhere to be seen or heard.

I got lost.