Part 34 {Reading buddies}

I sat back down on my bed, with my book. I rested my back against the foot of my bed. I opened my book from where I last read it. Remus smiled at me, looking at the book in my hand.

"What are you reading?" he asked resting his head in the headboard.

I smiled, dropping my arms down, looking at him. "A princess ran away with her little sister and joined a pirate ship" I chuckled looking back at my book. Remus chuckled, grabbing my attention again.

"And?" he asked bored, pouting his lips.

"Well" I giggled. "She is secretly falling in-love with the captain, Captain Nex, short for Nexxasion. Weird name, I know. But she ran away because she didn't want to fall in-love or get married. And mainly because her dad killed her brother and sent her mom into a deep sleep" I smiled at him as he looked a bit terrified.

He looked at the book then back at me. "So? Is she going to love him or not?" he asked a tad-bit curious.

"Well, I was at the part where she started expressing her deeply desires and love to him when you interrupted me" I looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Can you read to me?" he asked giving a faint smile. "I want to hear what she says"

I looked at his eyes, not being able to resist. His eyes were like stars that just filled the sky. I sighed and smiled. I pulled my book up to my eyes and started reading.

" 'I have no reason to feel this way captain. My feelings have began filling my head without notice. I started losing myself in your voice, your gaze, your small faint smiles. You have been nothing but kind and friendly to me and Lizzy since we boarded your ship four months ago. I ran away from my home. I ran away from forced love, only to find myself to fall in-love with a complete stranger. My eyes were first scarred of the conditions I had left, but recently I have realized they were worth leaving behind.' She slowly lifted her hand placing it on his cheek and softly whispered, 'I have completely lost my heart to you, and as much as I'd like to push them away and burry them in a chest under the see, I will never be able to, for you have all my love and attention captain. For you I'd take on a thousand sharks. For you, I'd die today.' She let go of his cheek and took a few steps back. 'Remember me captain, for I'll always remember the one person I lost my heart to.' A tear escaped her eye as she walked backwards on the board. Smiling at her words. She looked up at him, seeing water stream down his cheeks. 'I love you Captain Nex' she whispered before taking her final step, falling into the ocean of blood thirsty sharks, leaving him standing on the deck, alone."

Remus stared at me fascinated. He didn't smile, or pout. He just stared in amazement. Listening to the words as they went from my eyes to my mouth. He got semi-interested in the story, but also didn't listen.

"That's the end" I said dropping my book.

"Why didn't he love her?" Remus asked, looking at my disappointed face.

I sighed and answered, "Even though he was friendly and kind towards Princess Cleo and Lizzy, Captain Nox could no longer feel love for anyone. He had lost his wife, and one true love to a King many years before, where she got killed" I said as I looked at him.

"Why did she walk off the plank?" he asked softly.

"Cleo refused to go back to the castle. She had lost her sister a few weeks prior to the situation. Her father found her and demanded her return. She knew she would be putting the pirates in danger if she stayed with them, so she left them, for good" I closed the book and stood up, a few tears filling my eyes. "Her father caused her sister's death"

I walked to my bookshelf, putting my book back in.

Remus sighed, laying back against the board. "That's a bad ending" he  sighed looking at me walking towards him.

I smiled and looked at the clock. "You should get some sleep" I said looking back at him. He tried standing up, grunting at the pain.

"What are you doing? You're not going anywhere" I said frowning. "You're sleeping here" I stopped him from getting up.

"I can't, the boys will-"

"Understand that you were hurt and you couldn't walk. You're sleeping here" I insisted, grabbing extra blankets. "We have an extra bed here. You can sleep in mine" I said, placing the extra blankets on the empty bed next to mine. "Now rest, we are having school in a few hours"