Part 35 {Nightmares}

[[This part is from Remus's point of view]]

I couldn't find myself to get to sleep. The pain of the scars have eventually faded away, leaving just the slight stings. My mind was stolen away by her lips, her taste, her skin.

I knew I shouldn't have kissed her, but I couldn't stop myself. I just saw her eyes, shimmering like the night stars, next thing I knew my lips were in front of hers, waiting for her taste.

I turned to my side, seeing her sleep peacefully, looking like a mess. Her hair was all messy and her blanket was half-off her body. I found myself just lying there, looking at her.

Was I mad? Mad for feeling this way? My mind had no answer to my unanswerable questions. My thoughts had completely fallen away as I looked at her.

I turned back to look at the roof, seeing a glorious painting on it. Small daisies and dandelions were scattered across the ceiling. They were all painted in detail, looked like hundreds of hours of work. I admired the patterns and textures from the bed. I've never noticed them before.

"No!" Stars suddenly yelled, echoing into the room.

I immediately shot up, sitting on the bed. I saw her grabbing the covers, still asleep somehow. She gasped for air, squeezing the covers tighter and tighter.

"Please!" she yelled again, shaking like she was trying to shove something off her.

I stood up and rushed over to her bed. The blankets flew off me, falling onto the cold wooden floor. I sat down next to her, looking down worried.

"No!" she yelled again, gasping harder for air.

I grabbed her hand, squeezing it, like she squeezed mine in the dining hall. She started tearing up, in her sleep. I never saw her like this, I was dreadfully worried.

"Lucy, it's okay" I softly whispered, trying to calm her down a little.

"Aah!" she cried, swing to her side. Her voice rang with agony, pure pain. I could see in her tears that this was a truly unpleasant nightmare. Seeing her this way broke me.

I fell down next to her, grabbing her in my arms. I sat up against the headboard, not letting my grip around her loosen. She struggled to get loose, clawing her fingers into the sheets. Her restless body shook in pain as I tried keeping her still. She tried taking deep breaths, whimpering with tears that stained her cheeks.

The dorm door flew open and Mya ran inside the room. She immediately saw me, holding Stars in my arms, securing her. She looked at Stars, then me. Riley ran in after her, also noticing me right away.

"Pollin called us when she heard Lucy scream again" Mya said falling down on the bed.

Completely confused I looked at her, feeling as Stars started to become less and less restless in my arms.

"Again?" I asked, looking down at Stars. "This happened before?" I spoke with surprise in my voice.

Mya sighed. "I shouldn't be speaking about this" she said, taking Stars' left hand.

I frowned. "Mya, she had and an extremely unpleasant nightmare. And your telling me this is not the first time?" I was genuinely unhappy. This dream, whatever dream she had, had happened before without me knowing.

"No" Mya whispered, keeping her eyes on Stars.

"How many?" I asked.

Stars had completely calmed down and had loosened her body. I slowly loosened my grip around her arms, lifting my right hand to her hair, gently stroking through it.

"How many times have this happened before?" I asked again.

"Three" Mya said looking up to me.

"Three times?" I asked confused.

"No" Riley interrupted, sitting down on her bed, across the room. "She has different types of nightmares. Some she just shakes. Some she softly speaks. Some she cries out and yells. Their more common than you think" she stated, looking at me.

I looked fearfully surprised. "How often? Five, six times a year?"

"More like five, six times a" Mya stopped, taking a deep breath. "A month" she looked up at me, like she feared Stars' dreams.

I sat there, in disbelieve. My skin in her smooth hair calmed me down, hoping it calmed her down too. Thoughts crowded my mind again, questions lining up in ques to be asked.

"She mostly just shakes or wakes up with gasps. She rarely ever starts crying out for help" Riley added, hoping for my facial expression to go to ease.

"We can never calm her down" Mya sighed, grabbing my attention again. "But somehow, somehow, you did" her eyes locked onto me.

Once again, I was in disbelieve. "What?" I asked frowning confused.

Riley sat with her one leg to her chest, resting her head on it. "She either yells and cries for a long while, or she frights herself awake. Pollin immediately ran to the Ravenclaw common room when she heard Lucy yell for the first time. It would have taken us at least two minutes to get here, and she's calm already?" she wrapped her arms around her leg, looking at me.

I looked down at the little star in my arms. She looked so peaceful again. Her head rested on my scarred chest, but I felt no pain. I only felt scared, for Stars.