Better Man

—November 13, 20192:13 p

November 13, 2019
2:13 p.m
Houston, Texas
Continuing from last chapter —
Kentrell Desean Gaulden

mHouston, Texas Continuing from last chapter —Kentrell Desean Gaulden

My back was against the door as I watched Javen and the twins sleep. I was about to go to Jordan and Kemonté's gender reveal. Javen really wanted to go but if she was going to go she was going to take herself. The tension was high for us right now.

I didn't know what to do with her and I can't just blame her for everything. We 50-50, I do wrong too. It's just the things I do and say come off of the things she does and says. I feed off of her energy which isn't the right thing to do because it only makes things worse.

I'm trying to make this work though but it's hard when you have to deal with someone like her and not know how to properly help them. Not saying she's just sick in the head because I understand where she's coming from but she has this anger built up. She's been that way since I met her. I always knew she would end up like this.

Hurt people always change, they either get better or worse. In her case it was worse, it was like something was missing. And if that something just showed the hell up or happened I feel like things would be better for us.

I went over to them giving them a kiss on the forehead. No matter what I was always going to love her and her kids.

I walked away but then I heard a faint whimper. I looked and seen it was Ja'Khari who was waking up. I was going to have to take him with me.

His eyes opened before he looked around. When he seen me he sat up. I smiled going to get him. I got a piece of paper writing a note to Javen letting her know I took him with me to the gender reveal because lord knows what she'll do.

I sat it on top of her nightstand before leaving out the room. I went downstairs to get his bag.

Going in the kitchen I sat him down on the counter starting to fix him two bottles, he didn't eat much but milk, fruit snacks, yogurt, applesauce and oatmeal. He doesn't eat real soft foods.

"D-Dada." My eyes lit up and my head snapped his way.

"What did you say?" He just smiled at me.