Lifeline

Nia- 5 more chapters left 🥺💕

December 28, 2021
8:08 a.m
Los Angeles, California
Kentrell Desean Gaulden

I sat in the waiting room waiting for them to come and tell me about Javen

I sat in the waiting room waiting for them to come and tell me about Javen. It's been a good maybe 3 hours and they haven't came and said anything to me. I hoped she was ok, I didn't expect her to die this soon. Especially since we had just got done laughing and shit.

"Kentrell." I looked around until I seen Jonnie coming over to me.

"Ah shit." I mumbled as I got up.

"You ok?" She asked and I shook my head giving her a hug.

"What happened?" She asked and I didn't say anything. I let her go and she made a face.

"I don't like the way you looking right now. What happened?"

"She could die, they trying to do a treatment to see if that will help give her at least a day." She looked down.

"It can't be time yet Kentrell, you know I can't come see her everyday but I come when I can. She can't leave without me saying goodbye."

"Relax. She gon be good-"

"Kentrell?" I looked at her nurse who was walking over to us.

"Yes." She grabbed my hand dragging me away. I made sure to grab Jonnie so she could follow.

"Where we going?"

"You'll see." We went in another room that they had put Javen in. She was just laying there. There wasn't anything connected to her, she was just laying there, looked at peace if you asked me.

I looked at her nurse and she shook her head.

"It was unsuccessful, she's gone. She was already gone before we started. I am so sorry, she's gone."

I could feel my world stop, everything just stopped. It was quiet, a silence of pain, process, confusion, anger. So many emotions at one time, this was a lot to take in. I never thought about what I would do if Javen were to ever die. I wasn't prepared, I don't think I ever would've been prepared. This isn't your normal death, this death hit different because of who the person was.

I've been through hell and back with Javen. For her to just leave me, alone, hurt. She's all I've known, she showed me what love was and how far you go to protect the ones you love. I mean I took it far, I'm a father to kids that aren't biologically mine. But I love them like they are because I love her just like she loves me and accepted my kids. She's just my day 1, my lifeline if anything.

She helped me and I helped her, she supported me and I supported her, she came to my rescue and I came to hers, I could depend on her just like she could depend on me. She was my lifeline and I was her lifeline. There was no doubt about it either.