Drive

November 4, 2015
5:35 p.m
Chicago, Illinois
Javen Khari Scott

mChicago, Illinois Javen Khari Scott

"Ight we here get out my car." Kentrell said as we sat parked in front of my fathers old house which me and Jonnie use to live in before we moved down to Georgia.

Staring at it a moment I sighed. I got out the car and I did a little dip. I had been in that car for hours.

"You good?"

"Yeah." I mumble, there was a lot of cars here, which mean a lot of family. The only family members I fucked with for real were my big cousin Jaylen, Avianna, Kali, my grandma and my Aunt Jue. Everybody else I either wasn't cool with or just didn't talk to a lot.

"Ok listen Kentrell I want you to be nice ok-"

"No I'm going to give what I get." He said and I rubbed my temples.

"Did we not go over this in the car? We are going to be respectful ok." I said and he rolled his eyes. He knocked on the door and I looked down at his pants.

"Kentrell I told you not to bring this." I said through gritted teeth snatching his gun out his pants.

"You did? I ain't he-" The door opened and I quickly hid it behind my back.

"Javen?!" My aunt Jue yelled in complete shock. I smiled and Kentrell took his gun from me when she gave me a hug. I hugged her back glaring at Kentrell as he tucked the gun back down in his pants.

"Wheres Jonnie?" She asked letting me go and I sighed.

"She didn't want to come." I mumbled and she nodded.

"Oh ok, well at least you're here. I haven't seen you in a minute." She said and a tear rolled down my face. She wiped it away making me smile.

"No tears ok." I nodded, she looked at Kentrell with a confused expression.

"Who is this?" She asked me.

"Kentrell, a friend of mine." I said and she nodded with a smile.

"Well ok, its all love with me." She smiled and he nodded. She stepped aside and I grabbed Kentrell's hand guiding him in the house. Everybody looked at us and I sighed.

"Hey." I spoke out of respect.and they just ignored me going back to what they were doing. Kentrell was going to say something but I covered his mouth.

"Don't worry about it." I said.

"Hey baby." My grandmother said coming from outside making me smile.

"Hey."

"Hey Javen." I looked seeing my dad coming downstairs. He frowned when he seen Kentrell.

"You really brought this muhfucka to my house?" He asked.

"Kentrell, come correct." Kentrell said and I sighed.

"How bout you get the fuck out my house. You by yourself now, it'll be easier for me to beat yo ass." My daddy said.

"Can y'all please stop?" I asked.

"Nah it's Ight, I'll leave. Ion like to stay where I'm not welcomed anyway." Kentrell said and I grabbed his arm before he could I walk off.

"Look, like each other don't like each other I don't give a damn. But y'all not going to do this. What happened, happened. It's over with now. I'm only here for my mother's funeral. Don't have shit nice to say don't say shit at all, Ight?" I asked and they looked at me.

"Alright?"

"Ight." They said.

"That goes for all of y'all too." I said looking at everybody else.

"Child please." My Aunt on my fathers side said.

"Right like girl who is you?" My older cousin Jasmine asked. This hoe didn't like me at all. I personally think she was jealous of me, I don't know why. I ain't shit to be jealous of.

"Javen Khari Scott, the fuck." I said.

"Watch your mouth." My dad said.

"Uncle John what did you think you was having a boy or a girl? You gave her a whole nigga name." She laughed.

"Javen and Khari are unisex names Jasmine." He informed.

"And her name go hard, you mad because yours basic as fuck." I looked seeing Jaylen as he walked in the house.

"Shut up Jaylen." He flicked her off.

"Y'all better stop all this cussing and I mean it!" Our grandmother yelled.

"Sorry." We all said.

"Now Javen baby, I completely agree with you. Keep your mouth closed if nothing positive is going to come out of it. And who are you again?" She asked.

"Kentrell, I'm a friend of Javen's." He said and she smiled.

"Well welcome to this very crazy family." She said and he chuckled. I really loved my grandma. She welcomed anybody in with open arms. She didn't care about flaws, she always saw the good in people.

"Now everybody will treat him like family in this house. We have came together for the loss of my child, I don't want this to turn into and unnecessary war. Let's have good spirits, positive energy." She said and we all nodded.

Somebody wrapped there arms around my neck and I seen it was nobody but Jaylen.

"What?" He shook his head handing me a necklace. It had picture of my mother on it. I shook my head handing it back to him.

"Understandable." He said and then looked at Kentrell. Jaylen wasn't a very welcoming person, I hoped he would just give Kentrell a chance. Then he dapped him up making me smile.

"She family, so you family too. Just so you know, I see right through this "friend" shit." He said before walking away and we laughed.

"And that's Jaylen." I chuckled running upstairs with Kentrell following behind me. Going down the hall I went to my old room. I opened the door slowly before smiling. Everything looked how it was left. It was still beautiful.

"Damn all this green." Kentrell laughed looking around.

"Greens my favorite color along with red." I said.

"For real? Mine too." I smiled.

He plopped down on my bed sighing.

"We've only been here for like what five minutes?" He asked as I laid beside him.

"Could be less, I tried to tell you they a handful." I said closing my eyes.

"More than a damn handful." He mumbled and I shook my head. I opened my eyes to look at him. He had his eyes closed just relaxing, I knew he was tired he did all that driving for hours. Staring at him I couldn't help to think about what happened last night, he hadn't brought it up so that made me think it was probably just a one time thing. But I had to ask just to make.

"Kentrell." He opened his eyes to look at me.

"Can we talk for a minute?" He nodded.

"So remember what happened last-"

"Javen!" My Aunt Jue called and I smacked my lips.

"I'll be right back." I got up leaving out my room.

"Yes ma'am?" I asked going down the stairs then I froze.

"Damn." I mumbled seeing Malique. This was going to be one weekend I will never forget.

Nia- Tried to make this sound interesting 😭
Vote and comment
Love you guys 💙