Chapter 20- Attitude

"Maddie, will you get off your phone? Are you still texting Riley?" Kendall asked. She wanted to do something with Maddie before the long hours of finding out the dances of the week. Riley and her have been texting non-stop, and it was starting to bug Kendall big time.

"Hold on," she muttered. Kendall rolled her eyes and picked up her mini wallet.

"Maddie, let's goo. I want to go to American Eagle and Delia's!" Kendall whined. Maddie sighed and shut off her phone and grabbed her wallet. Riley was one of her best friends, and they were planning to FaceTime again.

"Let's go, Kendall. But we are gonna stop at the Smoothie Stop, right?" Maddie smiled as her phone lit up. Kendall groaned and snatched the phone from Maddie and put it in her pocket.

"No texting Riley. We have barely hung out the last two days. You didn't even say bye to Bostyn!" Kendall gave her a smug look and her phone lit up.

"It's a text from Abby. 'All dancers, please report to the Dining Room immediately. Thank you.'" Kendall bit her lip from laughing. "Looks like our plans are canceled."

Maddie shrugged and got her phone from Kendall. "Oh well. More time texting Riley!"

Kendall groaned and picked up her black sports bra and pink shorts. She went to the bathroom to change. Will Maddie ever stop obsessing over Riley?

--

Maddie and Kendall arrived at the same time as everyone else. They were all confused, since there was no food but a red carpet and a runway. Asia ran down the steps to the runway and Abby appeared out behind it. "Welcome! Who's ready to get there fierce on?"

Maddie cocked an eyebrow. Abby never talked like that, which was really strange. Asia smirked and nodded and crossed her arms. If this was a challenge, she'd win.

"Today, I want to see who's going to get the solos. I have four solos. Three are hip-hop and one is jazz. Your challenge is to be fierce on the red carpet and the runway. You have two hours to go to the mall, get a dress or suit, and get another outfit you would want to model for the runway. Then, come back with the dress or suit on. Go down the red carpet, make me think you're the most amazing, go to one of the changing rooms behind the runway, put your outfit on, and model! Go!"

The kids all ran to their room. Autumn picked up a gray shirt laying on the floor and a pair of shorts. She slipped on her flip flops, grabbed an envelope which said 'Autie's Money' on it and ran out the door, leaving Mackenzie in the dust. Mackenzie huffed and picked up her phone and walked out the door.

"Maddie!" She shouted as she saw her sister come out of her room. "Can you shop with me? Well, no I mean, can I shop with you and Kendall?" Maddie shrugged.

"Sure. We are going to the dress shop in the mall, La Chic? And then maybe going to the other clothing store across from it Just for Teens. Okay?" Mackenzie nodded and scratched behind her ear. She had to get the solo.

--

"Mads, Kendall, do you guys like this dress?" Mackenzie showed them a navy dress with an open back and a flower pattern. Maddie shrugged and studied it even more.

"Nah, not you. Do you like this one?"

She also showed up navy blue dress. The skirt was navy blue and the top was cream colored with a navy blue pattern over it. Kendall shook her head. "No. Too sunny day. We are supposed to be on the red carpet. But what about this one?"

It was a bright blue dress with two thin black straps. The skirt was blue and was separated from the top by a sparkly belt. The top was blue with a darker blue pattern over it.