Chapter 39- Getting Your Costumes

Book Ending Countdown: 2 more chapters! (1 after this one) D:

--

It was finally competition day and every prop was ready to go. The crowd tonight was sold out, since Abby put out the word on the street that this week, every dance was amazing. When Asia walked to the Green Room to get ready, she saw the long line of people out the door.

She was really nervous for her ballet solo. She got to skip a day of rehearsals to practice riding the horse and get used to it. It was named Buttercup, and was very calm. Asia took a liking to it immediately.

She had to "wake up" from her sleep, walk out the castle, mount the horse, ride it across the stage, tie it to a fence, and start her ballet solo. She was really excited to see Buttercup since she loved him, but not excited for the crowd.

"Kenz!" She yelled when she saw her at the end of the hall. 

Mackenzie was running as fast as she could, basically out of breath. Her face was all red and her pink dress kept floating up, leaving a very unpleasant sight for Asia. She turned away, disturbed, and took Mackenzie by the hand to lead her into the dressing room.

"We're really late!" Mackenzie whispered.

Everyone was already there. Abby stood there, impatiently waiting, with the costumes on a rack. She sent a look to Mackenzie and Asia who were out of breath. Mackenzie saw what was going on and threw her hands up in the air in defense.

"I'm sorry Ms. Abby! My mom called!"

"Your mom's in the audience!" Abby yelled back.

Mackenzie gave a soft smile. She was really glad her mom was here. This was her first week watching. Abby cleared her throat, giving a signal to stop talking. "Okay, well, we have no guest dancer this week since no one could make it."

Everyone sighed. They liked seeing the past competitors, since everyone had become so close. Abby cleared her throat again, holding up the first costume. Maddie, Brooke, and Sophia's. Maddie sat up a little straighter, really excited.

"Your hair will be in high buns, covered by the hats," Abby explained. The costumes were black hats with a white shirt that men usually wear, and a black suit over it with a black tie. They were going to wear their black jazz shoes. They weren't exactly the prettiest, but it would capture the character.

Maddie was a little disappointed. When she was in rehearsals, all the choreographer kept talking about was how much the girls would like the costumes. That lady was far from right. They gave each other looks and went to get ready.

"Next is Paige and Zack," Abby said. "Paige, your hair will be in a waterfall braid with soft curls. Your make-up will have two wings with your eyeliner. Your stylist will show you. Anyways, your costumes..." Paige's was a white biketard with a white and gold lace at the top. It was separated by a golden belt. She also had a white mesh connected the belt and tied around the neck. She had the same material flowing down in the back.

Zack had the same idea, kind of. He had a white muscle tank underneath a golden cover up that looked like something a gladiator would wear. Basically, Zack was a white and gold gladiator and he loved that costume.

"Next is Kendall. Kendall, we are going to put green, washable highlights in your hair. Your make-up is going to be really cool. You will have your whole face painted green, as well as your arms and legs. The stylists are adding really cool touches to it, too."

Kendall was excited for the costume. Abby slowly gave it to her. It was a unitard, with one long sleeve and one long leg. The basis of it was green. It did have a black stripe coming up the long, across the midsection and down the arm. It looked cool. Kendall loved it.

"Next is Mackenzie and Autumn. Both of you will have high buns with matching hairpieces, based off the color. I hope you like them. They were really hard to come up with." Abby genuinely smiled and gave them the costume.

Mackenzie's costume was brown, and Autumn's was black. The costumes were halter tops, with a criss-cross pattern in the back. The skirt was the matching color, but just longer in the back. Autumn also had black swirls she had to put on her face.

"Next up we have Jojo. Jojo, your hair will be in a bun, but a poofy bun. You have cheetah print on one side of your face, and nothing on the other." Jojo thought that it was weird and would look funny. However, she just waited for her costume, way more than excited.

Her costume, again, was a unitard with one long arm and leg. It was cheetah print, but had a velvet brown sash cutting from the hip, to the arm. She had a long, gold wristband, too. She also had a black and brown boa that fit snug around her neck. It looked okay.

"Okay, guys, we are almost done!" Abby exclaimed. "Next is Asia. You will have a high bun, with flowers incorporated into your hair. And please don't freak out at how girlish this costume is, since I know you are definitely more fierce."

The costume was gorgeous. It was an ivory and gold lace leotard with pink satin accents along the top and through the middle. The straps crossed in the back. It also had a pink, knee-length tutu. There was a flower at the waist where the same pattern as the leotard laid across the top of the skirt.

Asia didn't want to admit how much she loved it.

"Lastly, is Mia and Lucas." Abby smiled. "Mia, we are giving you really curly hair that will stay down and smudged mascara. You will look  like a raccoon, but a pretty raccoon. The pool is here, which is why Lucas has what he has for a costume."

Lucas smiled as Abby gave them their costumes. Mia had a gray skirt that went to her knees. She also had a white short sleeve shirt with a lacy pattern in a "V" on the back. It actually looked kind of cute. Lucas actually had a black bathing suit bottom with a white shirt. He was only in till his knees, which is why Abby wanted him to wear it.

"Okay, everyone! Maddie, Brooke, Sophia, Zack, and Paige, be ready in fifteen minutes!"

Maddie nodded as she slipped on her costume. She felt like today would go horribly wrong. All the props would be fine, but Abby was acting nicer than usual. Something was going to go down, and Maddie was scared.

--

one more chappie! what was your fav costume?