Chapter 21- If Abby Only Had a Brain

Autumn and Mackenzie walked back to their room, silent. Autumn was a little spectacle about her dance. She thought it was stupid. "Hey, Mackenzie?" She whispered since it was late. "Can we go to Abby's room?"

Mackenzie looked at Autumn like she was crazy. "Um... Yeah. Sure. Why?" She honestly had no clue.

"To talk to her about our duet this week. I think it's a little weird so I want to hear the lyrics." Mackenzie shrugged and sighed.

"Yeah. I want to hear them, too." They passed by their room and walked all the way down to Abby's two floor apartment room. Autumn smiled at Mackenzie and knocked three times. The pounding of feet were heard and Abby opened up the door.

"Mackenzie and Autumn, what are you two doing here?" Abby whispered. She stepped aside so the girls could come in and they gladly went. "You two are supposed to be at your room, you have a busy day tomorrow!"

"We want to here our duet music, since we thought that it was weird," Autumn explained. Abby nodded and walked over to the rack with CDs, each labeled a different week. She went to week four and scanned the row of music she had picked out.

"Here, this is the CD. I want you to go to your room and listen. Come back when you're done, then we'll talk." Autumn and Mackenzie nodded and walked out the door.

They got to their room and quietly shut it before going into their bedroom and plugging in the radio to put the CD in. Autumn turned it on and carnival music came on. Then, a crash.

A girl with a high-pitched voice started to sing something about being dumb and everyone being ugly. The chorus was strange. It had these lyrics:

Boom boom boom!
Bang bang bang!
What's it take for me to have a brain?
Boom boom boom!
Bang bang bang!
I'm so stupid. So so stupid.
But I'm so pretty. So so pretty.
Everyone is ugly. So so ugly.
I'm stupid. So so stupid.
Boom boom boom!
Bang bang bang!

After hearing the lyrics, Autumn shut it off immediately and brought it to Abby's. She knocked loudly and Abby opened it up with a smile. "Mackenzie, Autumn, what do you think?" Autumn glared at Abby and sat down on her couch.

"It's awful."

Abby stared at the two with a confused look on her face. "I didn't make the song. They sent me the lyrics and I thought it was cute. The singer is a hometown singer, Channel Richardson, and from what I've heard about her, she's good. What's the matter?"

"Ms. Abby, do you have a CD player?" Mackenzie asked slowly.

"Yes," Abby replied.

"Can we maybe put this in?" Mackenzie asked.

"Of course." Abby took the CD and and put it in the radio. The awful song came on and Abby looked at it like it was some sort of demonic monster. "Oh. Wow. My, my, my. Let's see what other songs I have for week four."

She walked over to the rack and pulled out a song. Mackenzie saw what it said. It was her favorite song at the moment, Centuries by Fall Out Boy. She gasped and took it from Abby. "What's the dance about?"

"It's about being so amazing that you're kind of bragging. I don't know what happened to that other song. I'm sorry kids. But now you have a good dance!"

Autumn and Mackenzie smiled. It was still going to be jazz, because that's what it said on the CD cover, with hip hop influence. It was going to be great. "Thanks Ms. Abby! See you tomorrow!" Then, they walked out the door.

--

At 6 in the morning, the tired dancers all arrived at the auditorium. They set down their dance bags and got the iPads they needed with their schedule. The notes section as opened up to their schedules, as Abby began reviewing it. It looked like this:

7:00-7:45- Breakfast
8:00-9:00- Rehearsals for Chloe and Zack; Mia and Lucas; and Maddie, Sophia, and Brooke
9:00-10:00- Rehearsal for Paige and Travis
10:00-11:00- Rehearsal for Mackenzie and Autumn
11:00-12:00- Group Rehearsal
12:00-12:45- Lunch
1:00-2:00- Rehearsals for Chloe and Zack; Mia and Lucas; and Maddie, Sophia and Brooke
2:00-3:00- Rehearsal for Paige and Travis
3:00-4:00- Rehearsal for Mackenzie and Autumn
4:00-5:00- Group Rehearsal
5:00-5:45- Dinner
10:30 Curfew!

Kendall studied the schedule. Her solo rehearsal was nowhere to be found, nor did she know the choreographers. She raised her hand and Abby called on her.

"Two quick questions," she said. "First who are the teachers?"

Abby smiled. "We have a wide range of wonderful teachers. Our jazz teacher is Molly Long, hip hop is tWitch and Lil C, and musical theater is Alex Wong, once again. Next question?"

"Why didn't the solo rehearsals show up?"

Abby smacked her head and took her iPad which somehow was connected to each of them so the dancers could see the changes. After muttering some curse words to herself, the schedule was updated. It said this:

7:00-7:45- Breakfast
8:00-9:00- Rehearsals for Chloe and Zack; Kendall; Mia and Lucas; Maddie, Sophia, and Brooke
9:00-10:00- Rehearsals for Paige and Travis; Jojo; Asia
10:00-11:00- Rehearsal for Mackenzie and Autumn
11:00-12:00- Rehearsal for Tyler
12:00-12:45- Lunch
1:00-2:00- Rehearsals for Chloe and Zack; Kendall; Mia and Lucas; Maddie, Sophia, and Brooke
2:00-3:00- Rehearsals for Paige and Travis; Jojo; Asia
3:00-4:00- Rehearsal for Mackenzie and Autumn
4:00-5:00- Rehearsal for Tyler
5:00-5:45- Dinner
6:00-8:00- Group Rehearal
10:30 Curfew!

The dancers all nodded at their new schedule and put the iPads away. Some scribbled down in their notes on their phones the times of their rehearsals before scurrying over to breakfast. Abby sighed and went to go to the door to get fresh hair. It had been hectic.

As she opened the door, a black limo came out of nowhere. A tall figure emerged from it, followed by a slightly shorter one.

It was Kalani and Kira.

--

What do you think is going to happen? And who do you think is going to win? Thanks for reading!!