Chapter 12- A Clean Rehearsal

(hi! just got wifi back. i am soooo sorry! i feel bad! anyays, enjoy the chapter!!)

-

The next day was better. After a day well-rested, the dancers were eager to start back up. Especially Nia Frazier, since she got to be in a dance about Cinderella. True, she wasn't playing Cinderella, but she got to be the step-sister, evil.

 Everyone was to meet in the theater. Nia rushed down and took front row seat, when Abby showed up with a clipboard and handed out iPads. Chloe stumbled in, flustered and took a seat next to Zack. Sophia walked in shortly after.

 "Girls! You're two minutes late! C'mon, get your technology!" Chloe walked over to get one for her and Sophia.

 "Great, everyone good? Alright, it is currently 6;00, which means we have fifteen minutes to learn our plans. First, our teachers. Our acro choreographer is Travis Payne! Our ballet choreographer is Joyce King! And last but not last, our contemporary star, Ms. Gianna from the one and only, Abby Lee Dance Company."

 Everyone clapped as the three teachers stepped onstage. Gianna smiled out into the audience, and Travis and Joyce stood proud and strong. They were nice people, the girls already knew that,  but still were a little intimitaded.

 "Now, look at your schedule," Abby told them. It looked like this:

6:15-7:00- Breakfast
7:00-8:00- Rehearsals for Kendall, Chloe and Zack, and Maddie, Nia, and Tyler
8:00-9:00- Rehearsals for Jojo, Travis and Paige, and Brooke and Bostyn
9:00-10:00- Rehersals for Asia and Mackenzie and Autumn

10:00-11:00- Rehearsals for Mia and Lucas and Sophia
11:00-12:00- Group Dance
12:00-1:00- Lunch
1:00-2:00- Rehearsals for Kendall, Chloe and Zack, and Maddie, Nia and Tyler
2:00-3:00- Rehearsals for Jojo, Travis and Paige, and Brooke and Bostyn

3:00-4:00- Rehersals for Asia and Mackenzie and Autumn
4:00-5:00- Rehearsals for Mia and Lucas and Sophia

5:00-6:00- Group Dance
6:00-7:00- Dinner
7:00-8:00- Dance Showcase (What do the dances look like so far?)

10:30 IS CURFEW. NO ACCEPTIONS.
 Nia read over the schedule. What about the group dance? Who was in it? She silently raised her hand and Abby called on her. "Miss Abby. Um, who is in the group dance?" She prayed it was her, to show off her skills.

 "The group? Let's see. I haven't decided, but, I think I am going to put in it... Maddie, Paige, Nia, Kendall, Sophia, Autumn, and Mia. It is acro jazz. Different from Dance Mom's. Should be cute, fun, facials! And you all seemed none-the-less, perfect for it." The girls smiled.

 "Anyways, breakfast?" Abby asked.

 They all got up and walked to the dining hall. The table was set with fresh berries, waffles, and maple syrup. They had water and orange juice and name plates set up. The plates were obviously expensive china, too.

 "Ab, what's the occasion? Chloe asked.

 "Well, you are royalty this week. Princesses and princes. I am the queen, still looking for her king." The girls all laughed and started to eat. The waffles tasted better than anything and the berries were coated in a sugary glaze.

 "Okay! Breakfast done? We are done. Alright, rehearsals for Kendall, Chloe, Zack, Maddie, Nia, and Tyler!" Abby barked. Everyone got up and walked to their rooms or rehearsals, scared for the new dances.

--

 "Kendall! In the flesh!" Kendall walked in to a studio full of props. A bow, a bed, and a humongous platform with steps leading up. "I'm Travis, you're choreographer. Pleasure. Now, you know what your song is?"

 "Yes, Brave," Kendall replied.

 "Correct. However, the song is Touch the Sky from Brave. I made some slight alterations." Travis laughed. "Okay, let's get to work. Go over to this bed, with the bow, and firmly grasp it so that you are sure you're not going to lose it."

 "Okay," Kendall replied. The bed was hard as a rock. When she looked down, she discovered the top was primarly wood.

 The hour went by fast. Travis was actually really nice. He also gave Kendall this really tricky handstand section that she 100% knew she could pull off and impree the judges. However, she also had a lot to improve on.

 "Since we finished half your dance, next rehearsal, we are going to clean it up a bit. Tomorrow we will add on to it, all right? Great work today, girly!"

 "Thanks Trav!" Kendall called out to him as she left. "I'll work on it!"

 Kendall shut the door behind her. She wasn't going to go home this week.

--

 "Travis and Paige! Hello!" Joyce King stood at the barre in the back of the room. She was doing some plies. Paige looked over at Travis. Are they really going to have to warm up to be able to dance today?

 "Come here, come here, let's stretch. Barre stretch." Joyce squeezed in between them and after ten crucial minutes, they were ready. "I want this piece to be so captivating, you will here a pin drop in the room." She smiled and looked in the mirror.

 "Paige, you will be onstage, doing most of the dancing for about three eight counts. Then, it's in sync. You are Rupunzel, now finally able to see the world. And you love it! You're amazed, and Flynn is guiding you through the world. Alright?"

 "Yes! This sounds amazing!" Paige replied.

 After forty minutes, only the first forty seconds were done. Joyce had started to pace back and forth, mumbling something along the lines of being off schedule. Paige leaned over to Travis. "We are gonna practice when we get back, alright?"

 "Definitely."

 "One more time, please! More emotion, please! Higher extensions, please! And maybe point your toes?"

 The music started. Paige raised from the ground and looked around her. She got up and did a double pirpuette, an arebesque, and a grande battme. Emotion. Higher legs. Toes even pointier. Then, she fell.

 "Oh wow! You okay?" Joyce rushed over to her side.

 "Yeah, just overthinking," Paige replied.

 Joyce bit her lip. "Class dismissed. Practice, please."

 The two walked out and nodded, slowly closing the door behind them.

 It was going to be rough.

--

 After all the rehearsals and dinner, everyone was free to do whatever they wanted. Mackenzie, Lucas, Mia, and Sophia were swimming. Maddie, Brooke, and Chloe went to Starbucks. Autumn, Kendall, Nia, and Bostyn were practicing. Asia, Travis, Tyler, JoJo, and Paige were watching a movie.

 But Zack was thinking.

 Travis kept criticizing him. "Zack! The men are supposed to make the women look good! But you are just making both of you look awful even with Chloe doing amazing!" It took all his strength not to cry.

 After his last rehearsals, he collapsed. But now, he sat in bed.

 Was this competition the best choice he could make?

--

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry

but i updated???

MERRY CHRISTMAS

HAPPY HANUKKAH

HAPPY KWANZA