Chapter 16- A New Week

The girls that had the sleepover last spent the whole day together. Then, they decided to buy matching outfits, every single one, and went to the dinner. Abby had blueberries, raspberries, and white cream on the table.

"Girls! Boys! Sit down! I hope you like hot dogs and hamburgers!" Abby yelled at them all. The dancers sat down and spooned the berries and cream onto their plates. Mackenzie laughed as she flicked a berry at Jojo.

"Not nice!" She yelled.

After a few minutes of yelling and eating, Abby walked down to the floor in front of the dining room. She cleared her throat loudly and everyone spun around to look at her. "Thank you dancers. Let's have a look to see who is still here. When I call your name, you will grab a red bow if you're a girl, and a blue tie if you're a boy. Then go and get changed into red, white, and blue, please. Come back when you are done."

Abby scanned the room and smiled. "Maddie, Chloe, Paige, and Brooke. Head over to Chloe's room to change, please. Get stuff from your closet."

"Kendall, Mackenzie, and Jojo. Same thing, but in Mackenzie's room.

"Tyler, Travis, Autumn, Asia, and Bostyn. Go to Travis's room.

"Lastly, Sophia, Zack, Mia, and Lucas. Go to Mia's room when you change."

The kids all went in different directions. What could they possibly be doing?

--

Maddie was the first to arrive at Chloe's room. She slowly opened up her door. Chloe stood in front of a pile of red and blue clothing. She had her red bow in her hair and sighed. "Mads! I don't know what to wear!" She whined. Maddie walked over to the pile and picked up a blue crop top with lace sleeves and white shorts with a red bow.

"The bows match, and it looks cute." Maddie smiled and Chloe went to the bathroom to put it on. Paige and Brooke walked in together. Brooke looked annoyed. Paige probably said something.

"Okay, so what are we supposed to do?" Paige asked.

Chloe walked out of the bathroom with a CD in her hand. It said "Stars and Stripes Song: Bring to Abby" on it. Brooke snatched it out of Chloe's hand and smiled. She loved this song.

"What are we waiting for?" Chloe asked. "Let's go to Abby!" They walked down to the dining room where everyone else already was. Abby stood on a podium and cleared her throat.

"I'm surprised it didn't break," Paige whispered to Chloe. They both laughed at the cruel joke.

"Ladies and gentlemen. This week, we have a very important theme. It's about America, and the places we live. There will be a dance to the song Disneyland, New York New York, you name it. I just haven't decided who I want to dance what."

The girls all groaned. They knew what was coming next.

"So, you'll be making up a dance with the people in your group to Stars and Stripes. You must incorporate all of your ballet technique. However, I decided that he styles this week will be tap, lyrical, hip hop, and musical theater."

Maddie smiled. She wanted to do a musical theater solo. However, Autumn hated this week. She wanted an acro solo, or group, but didn't know why.

Abby dismissed them and she walked with her group to Travis's room. They had little space, so they moved furniture around and made a bigger space for them to dance.

"I say we stretch first," Autumn announced. Everyone nodded in agreement and they went into center splits, lunges, or they were bent over. After ten minutes, Travis got up and smiled.