Chapter 9- No Dinner Just Dancing

It was the evening after the competition. All the girls were sad, Kalani was gone. Everyone was becoming like one big family, and most of their time was spent at the pool together playing Marco Polo, or going outside and playing a fake version of The Hunger Games.

It was time for dinner, or so it said on the schedule, and mostly everyone was hungry. Maddie and Kendall wore matching outfits today. They both had their hair in a bun. Maddie had a blue bow, Kendall had a white one. Maddie had a white sports bra, Kendall had a blue one. Maddie wore blue shorts, Kendall wore white ones.

They wanted to let everyone know that nothing could bring them down from Cloud 9.

"Did you get the message from Miss Abby?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah. I am dancing acro this week. So not happy! I wanted contemporary!" Kendall told Maddie. Kendall wished that she could have done the contemporary this week. The message told her all of the styles of dance they would be competing this week and contemporary was one of them. She was so mad.

"Well, you're really going to hate me," Maddie told Kendall as they walked out of their room.

Kendall closed her eyes. "You got contemporary, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did."

The two girls walked into the dining room to see they were the lasts ones there. Everyone was already down at the floor, stretching, no sign of clean, or dirty, plates. They looked at each other confused, but walked down to join them stretching.

"Girls, boys, make sure you do some back stretches too!" Abby yelled at them all.

Paige went into a chin stand and swung her legs all the way over. She flexed her feet, but realizing the pain, quickly pointed them. "Paige, watch those sickled feet!" Abby yelled. Paige quickly turned red and got up.

"Okay," Abby said. "We are going to do some improv, except acro version. I will tell you if you are in the next round or not. First, up Maddie. You will dance to the song Rude by Magic!" The girls clapped and backed up as Maddie took center stage.

She did a few pencil turns and a lot of chin stands. She also managed to hit a few back layouts and double front aerials. (I was watching a show and they are basically when you do a front aerial, land, then do another one.)

After she stopped, Abby tapped her chin. "I feel like you did more jazz than anything in this. I asked for acro. You did about five acro tricks, but that was about it. Next, Chloe, to All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor."

Chloe's faced reddened as she walked in front of Abby. She still decided to dance, instead of protesting. She had gotten semi-flexible over the year, and decided to pull out all of her new gymnastics tricks.

Abby shrugged. "You're moving on, I guess."

Chloe smirked and walked back next to Paige. "Nice job, Blondie." Chloe laughed and looked back to Abby, who tapped her foot while scrolling through her laptop. "I wonder what song and who," she whispered to Paige.

"It's going to be me, I know it," Paige replied.

"Next up, Paige." Paige and Chloe laughed as she walked to Abby. "You're going to be dancing to Stay With Me by Sam Smith." Paige smiled, since she knew the whole song in and out. She dropped to the floor in a split and waited for the music to start.

Paige was pretty flexible, so she could do all the acro moves pretty easily. She did some needles, back layouts, grande battemets, the whole nine yards. She finished with her back to Abby, hands above her head.

"You're moving on Paige. Wow."

Paige smiled and stood next to Chloe. The two girls were excited that they were moving on. Apparently, the prize this week was going to be big, and rumor was going around that you got to pick who you wanted to dance with.

"Next up is Brooke. I want you to dance to the song... Hmmm. I don't really know." Abby tapped her foot against the wood.

"Brooke, before I tell you your style, I want to tell you that I have an obsession with the Ariana Grande songs, One Direction, and 5 Seconds of Summer. You may thank Bostyn for showing me who they are." Everyone laughed. "Therefore, you're song is to Bang Bang." Brooke smiled. She loved that song! It was a song that she could break out dancing to any time.

She was one of the most flexible girls in the room. Most of her tricks were basic, but she made sure to incorporate a leap into an aerial. She would also do a back attitude turn into a needle, then turned that. When she finished, Abby smiled. "Brooke, you don't even have to perform. Of course you are moving on!" Brooke smiled and went back to her spot next to Maddie.

After all the girls went, Abby looked at them all. "I did some thinking. I kind of want to announce a winner now. We already wasted a few hours, and we need to know our assignments. So, our winner is Paige. I feel like she had the most fun and the choreography was... Not her type. It was good."

Paige smiled. Abby continued talking. "Paige, your style this week was contemporary. Keep or change the style to ballet or acro?" Paige frowned. She knew she would exel with the acro, but she wanted to be daring. She wanted to show Abby that she can do any style she was asked. She knew she could.

"I'm going to change. I want to do ballet."

Abby widedened her eyes. "Wow, so Paige you had a duet. This duet was going to be with Travis." Paige smiled and hugged the boy next to her. Everyone else clapped. This is going to be a great week! She thought.

"Anyways, the theme this week is ABC, The Princess is Me. ABC for the three styles: Acro, ballet, and contemporary. This is all you need to know. There is a small salad up there and once you are finished eating you can come down and look at your dances. Go."

Everyone ran up to eat.

***********

"Girls and boys, it's been ten minutes, let's go! Come and sit!" Everyone sat down and Abby pulled out a board. On it there was the dances. It said:

Acro Dances:

Kendall: Merida from Brave

Song: Brave

JoJo: Tiana from Princess and the Frog

Song: Dig a Little Deeper

Asia: Pochaontos from Pochaontos Song: Colors of the Wind

Mia and Lucas: Mia, Aurora and Lucas, The Prince Song: Once Upon a Dream

Ballet:

Chloe and Zack: Chloe, Jasmine and Zack, Alladin

Song: A Whole New World

Travis and Paige: Travis, Flynn Rider and Paige, Rapunzel Song: I See the Light

Contemporary:

Maddie, Nia, and Tyler: Maddie, Cinderella; Nia, Step-Sister; Tyler, Prince Charming

Song: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Brooke and Bostyn: Both are Mulan

Song: A Girl Worth Fighting For

Mackenzie and Autumn: Mackenzie, Lizard and Autumn, Rapunzel

Song: When Will My Life Begin?

Sophia: Ariel from The Little Mermaid

Song: Part of Your World

Group Dance:

Seven Dwarfs (As seen on Dance Moms, some will do it, some will not.)

Abby looked at them all.

"Good luck."