4 <3

"Hello Juliet."

"Allen..." I hear Arlo say from behind me.

"Yes Torres?" I sigh turning around.

"I'm sorry."

" I know." I smile.

" Shut up." He mutters as a grin appears on his face.

" Remember who you're talking too." I smirk and he comes forward embracing me in a hug.

" Did you apologize to JP ?" I whisper as my arms wrap around him.

" Who, your little boyfriend ?" He laughs.

" Yes- I mean no!" I stutter and his eyes widen.

" I knew it."

"You know nothing." I retort.

" I have better grades than you. I know something." He adds sarcastically.

"Anyways. Did you?" I sternly say getting back to the point.

" Yes I did."

"No you didn't." Jackson adds in coolly.

" You liar." I scoff looking at Arlo.

" I was simply going to say 'Yes I did not'." He rolls his eyes.

" Uh huh." I sigh.

" Hey I got to go Y/n." Jackson walks over opening his arms.

" Okay it was nice having you over." I say wrapping my arms around him.

"Tomorrow look out your window at 8:30 pm alright?" He whispers in my ear.

"I will." I whisper back.

I look at his necklace and a butterfly is engraved in it.

"Do you like it?" He asks noticing me staring at it.

"Y- yeah." I say my voice wobbly.

" I have to go check on my sister." I lie rushing upstairs and grabbing my journal to write.

---

Dear Dad,

No words can explain the amount of grief I still have. I miss you so much...and I just wish you were here with me. I wish you were here to give me advice and chase away boys that come to the doorstep.I have so many questions like Why did you have to be so brave?...why couldn't you have just come home. Why did you have to be the hero? Why did you have to jump in front of your friend saving him and leaving us behind? I just wish I could see you one last time and tell you everything that has been going on. I miss you calling me butterfly. Every time I see one now (even on a necklace)  I think of you and all the times that we would play in the field. Well I have to go now, but I'll write to you soon like I always do.

Lots of love,

Your butterfly

---

" Okay everybody the dance is in a couple days if you want to go hurry up and buy tickets okay?" Mr. Evans sighs as he turns on the projector.

The room erupts in whispers and murmurs.

" Has he asked you yet ?" Avianna asks with a huge grin on her face.

" Who?" I say and she rolls her eyes.

" Chem boy. Obviously who else...maybe Torres." She hisses taking out her notebook.

"Oh....um neither." I shrug.

"Boys are stupid and your gorgeous. If I was a guy I would have already asked you." She laughs.