41 <3

"She kinda threatened to kill my father."

Y/N

"I'm sorry...come again?" He questions as he wipes his face with one of his hands while the other one is on the steering wheel.

"I well...you know." I laugh. "I was just joking...I just think..." I mumble looking out the window and he puts his index finger on my jaw directing it towards him. "Hey look at me."

My mouth closes and he scans my face as if the answer is there. "Well, I am looking at you," I say hoarsely.  "There is just way too much going on right now." 

"No, really?" I mock and he sighs as he drives down the street. It's silent so I plug in my phone and lean back allowing the music to flow through us. We drive down past my house and I spot the forest that we were in so long ago. We pull in, and I look at him.

"Do you remember this place?" He asks a small smile appearing on his face. 

"How could I forget?" I mumble lowly as I shift in my seat, feeling my mouth curve upwards as I look out the window.

"Stalking me are we?" Jackson's voice startled me and I freeze.

"No." I lie turning to face him.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He chuckles and heat runs up to my face. "No reason." I shrug and look down.

" Then what are you doing?" He smirks leaning against the tree.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I challenge.

"Earth to Y/n...hellloooo." He pokes at my side and I laugh.

..." That pretty little mouth of yours never shuts up does it?" He snaps back and butterflies form in my stomach.

"Are you thinking about the time we were here last?" He asks a smirk forming on his face and I shake my head.

"Nah..." I reply as I cross my arms. "I forgot to be honest with you."

"Should I remind you?" He asks leaning in close and I tip my head down and smile. "But that would spoil all the fun now would it."

"Oh yeah?" He says putting one index finger to lift up my chin. " Then we should get back to my plan instead of you looking at me with those eyes." He murmurs.

"What eyes?" I smile.

"You know which ones." He chuckles as he turns off the car and steps out of the car. "It looks so different in the daytime," I comment, shutting the door behind me. Watching the memories play out once again. The light shimmers between the trees and their leaves. 

"So what's your plan?" I ask. We sit in a secluded area, on a blanket that we keep in the car for times like these. He looks at me thoughtfully, tilting his head. "I...well...actually my plan is for us to relax first because we can't just burst in there." He says and I know he's right but annoyance forms in me. I run my hands through my hair as my knees go to my chest. "Yes but Jackson we are wasting precious time." A knot forms in my throat. "My love I know, but you are way too emotional to go in there right now. You won't think straight." He says sitting beside resting his hand on my back.

"Jackson I'm just so hurt and scared ."

" That's completely normal." He whispers as he draws patterns on my back with his fingers. "Come here." He says quietly and I straddle him wrapping my arms around him. I breathe in his scent and it instantly creates peace within me. The knot inside me unties and I rest my head over his shoulder. His hands up and down my spine. "I love you." He whispers in my ear, and I plant a kiss on his neck. "I love you too Jackson," I respond as everything goes black and I drift off into sleep.

-

Jackson Passaglia

she can't handle it.

She is way to emotional for this.

me? Not so much.

So that is my reasoning for the next few steps I will be making.

She is knocked out which gives me a few hours and I left a note saying I was going to run some errands so that's another few hours.

I walk into the station and put my gear on.

"Officer Passage where are you headed?" I hear a woman's voice and I look behind me. It's Queenie a ginger headed girl around my age.

"On a case."

"Obviously, but what case are you assigned to? You are still new." She sighs as she pushes up her clear glasses with her index finger.

"Uhh..." I freeze trying to find words.

"Officer Passaglia, lying on the job can have your badge and gun suspended." She frowns and I sigh.

"Fine, it's a personal case."

"You know the rules." She looks at me with her bright greens eyes.

"I know I know but I'm not emotionally attached to the situation." I shrug and sit down. She looks around and looks back at me. "Are you going alone?"

"Yes."

"Where's the girl, the pretty one I keep forgetting her last name." She looks up thoughtfully and I smile.

"Officer Allen? My Girlfriend."

"Yes her!" She exclaims. "You two are inseperable. She's usually your partner."

"Yeah..." I nod. " She is the emotional one here so I'm going without her to save her mom."

"Romantic." Queenie laughs. "But this isn't some fairytale. Do you need someone to back you up I can come with you." She says and I look at her for a moment. Looking at how the freckles are scattered across her nose and cheeks.

"Okay." I agree.

We head into a undercover police car and go over to my dad's house.

"How long have you two been together ?" She asks.

"Almost a year." I say proudly.

" That's good. Don't break her heart she seems like she's been through a lot, but strong you know? I can see how she just has you as her person. Don't ruin that."

"I won't."

"And what did you mean emotional?"

"She kinda threatened to kill my father." I laugh sheepishly and she looks at me with wide eyes.