36<3

"We can become anything."

Y/N

I feel the tension between the two and I have no idea why. To make matter worse they sit on either side of me.

"So Y/n how have you been," Julian asks and I smile politely.

"I've been good...how about you?" I say, shifting uneasily in my seat. I chance a quick glance at Jackson who is smiling to himself.

"Good...good. I moved closer to here by the school so it could be easier."

"Yeah we did too, it honestly makes things a whole lot easier," I say leaning back in my chair and he furrows his brows.

"We? " He echos and I nod.

"Yeah Jackson and I moved in together," I say and his mouth goes into a straight line. I raise my brows in question feeling confused by his reaction.

"Good Morning Class." The professor says in a bright tone. Julian looks towards the teacher and I shrug pulling out my supplies to take notes.

He goes on for the next hour and welcomes us. He gives us a ton of homework, and I cringe at the amount. Our teachers did say that college isn't like high school. 

-

As we get up my phone dings and I look down to see that Avi replied to my messages.

-

Messages:

A: Sorry for responding late..I got back with Arlo.

Y/N: What?

A: I was overreacting y/n.

Y/N: But he cheated.

A: No he didn't.

Y/N: Okay...I'll support you no matter what, but I just want you to know that you're worth someone who will love you and not cause you any pain.

A: Ik.

-

I shove my phone in my back pocket.

"You okay?" Jackson asks and I nod. He kisses my cheek before heading to his next class.

"Meet me in the library after your last class okay?" He smiles and I roll my eyes. 

The next few classes go by quickly and I write down everything on my planner. Taking quick glances at my phone to see if Avi is saying anything else. From what I remember our friendship she never acted like this and she usually didn't go back to people who wasted her time.

I walk out of my last class and into the library where Jackson is leaning against a bookshelf.

"Hey," I say as I put down my planner. I take out all my homework and put it down on the table ready to start on it.

"Hey, baby." He grins tipping my chin up giving me a quick kiss. We sit down and start on our homework occasionally messing with each other.

"Tell me why I'm in college again?" He groans and I laugh.

"It's because you want to become a successful adult."  I say and really ponder if this is the path that I want.

We continue to do our homework and I am a little more than halfway through it.

His hand rests on my thigh and I look at him. A small smile is placed on his lips and I sigh continuing my work.

His hand slides slowly up and down as he writes down on his notebook.