17 <3

"But it will..."

"But Mom-"

"No But's!" She snaps.

"It's not even a big deal I bet you did that with Dad!" I yell and she looks at me in disbelief.

"What's wrong with you!"

"What's wrong with me? Nothing is wrong. It's you who is overreacting!"

"YOUR ROOM NOW!" She yells and I turn around.

"I cannot believe you right now. What happened to my sweet little girl." She mutters and I feel my heart ache. Warm tears roll down my cheeks as I lay on my stomach and start to write to my Dad.

-

Dear Dad,

When you were little did you ever sneak out with Mom? Did she ever hide things from her mom in order for you guys not to get in trouble? I wish she would let me talk instead of shutting me up. I get she's mad, but still. I think you would probably be angry about it too. You might have even brought Jackson over here to lecture him or worse. Maybe not that bad since he is the son of your best friend. You would want me to make up with mom so I'll try tomorrow. Anyways the locket is beautiful, and it will be something that I keep forever and the same with this journal. Well I have to go to bed now, but I'll write later. I miss you.

Lot's of love,

Your butterfly

-

I put my journal aside and lay down falling asleep.

The next morning I wake up and see a coffee on my desk with a note. I get up unsteadily and make my way towards it picking up the note.

-

Good morning love,

I heard your mom yell at you. I'm sorry...text me if you still want me to drive you so we can go to school.

I love you.

-Jackson

-

I smile stupidly at the note and put it in my desk saving it. I pull out my phone and send him a message saying that yes I still want him to drive me .

I get dressed and rush downstairs where my mom waits for me.

"Y/n..come over here." I hear her say and I walk over to her and sit down.

"Y/n..I've made a decision and I know you might hate me, but I am not letting you go on the trip anymore. I've been thinking about it-"

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" I argue.

"YES IT IS Y/N YOU ARE A CHILD!" She yells loudly.

"BUT YOU DID THE SAME THINGS WITH DAD WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER!" I yell back feeling my blood boil.

"-AND THE RELATIONSHIP I HAD WITH MY MOM WENT DOWNHILL AFTER I LIED TO HER!" She bellows.

"SO WHAT? YOU THINK OUR RELATIONSHIP IS GOING DOWN HILL?"

"IF YOU KEEP LYING TO ME AND SEEING THAT BOY!"

"DON'T BRING JACKSON INTO THIS! IT WAS MY FAULT NOT HIS!"

"YOU CARE ABOUT HIM MORE THAN YOU DO ME NOW!" She screams and I look at her in disbelief.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?"

"YES! I AM."

"I can't do this right now. I have school." I mutter as I slam the door behind me. I walk out and run my hands through my hair.