5 <3

" Oh I think that's pretty clear."

"Well he's just stupid." Avianna muttered wrapping the last strand of my hair around the barrel of her curling iron.

"Yeah..he is." I whisper unconvinced. I look into the mirror and the beautiful girl I'm looking at doesn't reflect the way I feel inside.

This was all my fault I should have just waited.

Well it's his fault too.

He had so many opportunities, but all I had to do was wait a couple hours.

"No, I know what your doing. Please don't let that ruin your night." Avi protests.

"I'm fine." I huff.

" Don't lie I know your overthinking."

"Your right." I sigh and do the last touch ups of my make up and outfit.

I smile looking at the lavender colored dress and pretty (sliver/gold) jewelry.

I walk down stairs and see my family's eyes light up.

"You look like a princess." Annabelle beams her eyes looking dreamily at my dress.

" Well thank you." I smile and hug her kissing the top of her head.

" She's right honey. You look gorgeous." My mom says pulling out her camera and taking photos of me and Avianna.

Minutes later right at 8 o'clock. There is a knock on my door and Annabelle rushes to open it revealing two good looking guys ready to dance.

" I thought Jackson would take you." She frowns and my eyes widen.

" Jackson ?" Chris raises his brow.

" No he's no one." I lie and walk over to him.

" Yes he is." My sister mutters and crosses her arms glaring at me.

" Avi you look beautiful. " Blythe says and I smile at her reaction. My mom takes pictures of us and I force a smile.

Go with Jackson and leave Chris.

My thoughts say impulsively.

No.

Yes.

No that wouldn't be fair to Chris.

" You look gorgeous." Chris says eyeing me up and down.

" You don't look to bad yourself." I smile.

---

We walk through the halls hand in hand and enter the auditorium.The auditorium is filled with loud music and colorful flashy lights. As soon as we enter I look all over for a sign of Jackson but nothing until.

"Ha Ha! Jackson your so funny!"I hear a girl laugh. I whip my head back and see Vivian Snow. A very pretty Asian girl with soft black curly hair and the same dress as me.

"Aw Naw! " I hear Avianna exclaim and I look at her pleading not to say anything.

Jackson's eyes search the crowd until they land on me looking at my dress and back at hers in confusion.

I turn around to an oblivious Chris.

" Let's dance ?" He questions taking me deeper into the crowd.

" Thought you'd never ask." I beam relieved and we start dancing too (y/f) song.

I push all my thoughts away enjoying the moment. The pretty colors, the loud music and Chris's smile.

" Do you want a drink ?" He asks and I nod my head moving my way through the crowd and someone grabs my wrist.

I look up from my wrist meeting Jackson's silver eyes.

filled with what... Jealousy? but he is with one of the most prettiest girls at school.

He pulls me back into the sea of students and looks down at me.

"What do you want ?" I snap.

" Oh I think that's pretty clear." He retorts back.

" I wouldn't be asking if it was clear now would I ?" I bark.

" Unless you wanted to hear it." He says loudly and I look away.

" Go with Vivian!" I sneer pulling away his grip.

" Hey! leave her alone." Chris says wrapping his arm around my waist protectively.

" Oh and what are you gonna do if I don't ?" Jackson laughs.

" I don't think you want to go there Passaglia." He threatens and Jackson rolls his eyes.

"I'd like to see you try." Jackson snaps back. Vivian hooks her arm with his and a sting of jealousy hits me.

" Omg! We have the same dress!" She cheers and I force a grin.

" Yes we do!" I say back in the same tone. She looks up at Jackson and he nods leaving us.

"Are you okay Allen?" Chris asks softly putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah I am thanks." I mumble.

--

After a couple of songs I catch a glimpse of Jackson and Vivian leave the building together and my heart starts to sink.

"I'm tired can we leave." I say quickly.

" Oh yeah sure I'll drop you off?" He smiles.

" Yeah let me just say bye to Avi." I say walking over to a wild Avianna.

"WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!" Avianna yells as she hangs on Blythe's back.

" Hey! I'M LEAVING!" I yell and her face turns serious telling Blythe to let her down.

After she gets off she walks over to me.

"Do you need me to drop you off or are you okay with Chris?" She questions looking at him.

"I'll go with him." I say and she hugs me.

"Text me as soon as you get home I'll keep an eye on my phone." She whispers.

" I love you." I say holding her tightly.

"You know I love your more." She laughs and I'm on my way to my house.

--

"I had fun tonight." Chris says leading me to my doorstep.

"Me too." I sigh looking at him.

"Well...goodnight." He says giving me a hug. I pull away a bit still in his arms.

"Goodnight." I murmur looking up at his eyes and he leans inches away from my face.I close my eyes and he kisses me softly. I pull away quickly and step back.

"See you at school Allen." He smirks. leaving me on my door step. I look up and see Jackson from his window. He shakes his head and closes his curtains. I walk inside my house and palm my face with my hand.

" Hey Y/n." My mom says brightly.

"I'm the stupid one this time." I sigh pulling out my phone to text Avianna that I made it home safely .

" It can't be that bad." She says sitting down.

" I kissed another boy in front of Jackson." I say covering my face.

" Oh..well look if it's meant to be honey. It will be no matter how many hardships."

" I love you so much ." I say tearing up.

" I love you more." She says squeezing me into a hug.

I go upstairs and take a shower. I put on my pajamas and sit down with my journal on the window seal.

I open my curtain and see Jackson climb down the tree into the night by himself.

A/n: I'm SO EXCITED LOL FOR THE CHAPTER AFTER THIS. I KINDA HATED THIS CHAPTER NGL. but it is necessary I guess 🙄.