42 <3

TW: Gun Violence

Y/N

I open my eyes and my muscles ache, all of my limbs are in different directions, my right/left arm stiff from sleeping on it. My eyes adjust to the darkness in the room and I sit upon my elbows, hissing when I put pressure on it. I reach over to turn on the light to see that it's 

8:26 pm

I feel around for my phone and feel that it's tangled in my sheets. I stand up on the bed and shake around the blanket, trying not to have my phone crack against the floor. "Bro," I mumbled annoyed. "Can you like come out?" 

After literally 3 minutes of me shaking around my blanket it comes out and I grab it.

No new messages from Jackson. I get up and walk out to our living room, and no one is there. I walk into our kitchen and pour myself a glass of water as I call him. 

declined.

"Uh-" I make a face at the phone and try again.

"Hey, Y/n." Jackson answers.

"Uhh hey, where are you?"

"Uh..."

"Is that Y/n?" A girl's voice answers.

"Yes, it is Y/n. Who are you?" I ask, and I hear Jackson sigh on the other side of the phone. "Don't sigh, you left me alone with no text, no note, nothing," I say annoyed.

"Baby, look at the counter." He says and I look around, not seeing anything.

"It's not there."

"What I swear... Oh...It's in my pocket. I'm sorry."

"It's fine...what are you doing though?" 

"I'm with Queenie, working on a case." He says as I pace the kitchen. "Wait the red-haired one? At work? " I ask.

"Yeah, her."

"Okay...so when are you coming home?"

"Uh...honestly I am not sure it might be a long night." He answers and I get an uneasy feeling.

"A long night...with her?"

"Y/n..." I hear him shut the car door. "She is just a co-worker."

"I know...but..."

" No, but's...I love you, not her. I just need her with this case."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were really tired, and she offered. So I took it."

"Well, I'm awake now," I say, putting the phone on speaker as I put my hair up.

"Just rest okay? I need to go, bye." He says and clicks before I can respond. 

Jackson Passaglia

"You did the right thing." Queenie gives me an encouraging smile and I grimace.

"Let's please just get this done so we can go back to our own lives."

"Alright." She says as she adjusts her gear. "Do you have a warrant?"

"No..."

"And why not?" 

"Because that's my Dad."

"Right now he is a suspect... this is one of the main reasons why that we don't get involved in our own cases, Jackson."

"Okay well, we're here now, but I should take off my gear."

"What- No." She scolds.

"Look I just want to get her mom. You'll be behind me right ?"

"Yes of course, and if you need me just press this button and it will let me know to go to you." She nods as she hands me the device, and I get out of the car heading towards my Dad's house. Anxiety creeps under my skin and all alarms set off inside me but I push it away as we get in front of his house, Queenie just a few feet behind me.

I spot a camera at the door and I walk casually up the door just in case he's watching.  The porch light is shining against the pavement leading his house. My heart pounds in my eardrums as I knock on the door.

It's just your dad.

The one that drove you to school.

the one who has your girlfriend's mom hostage.

The door swings open as I see my Dad. "Oh hey Jackson, why are you here so late?"

"It's just 9 o'clock." I shrug. "C'mon Dad you act as if we've never stayed up late before together. I just miss hanging out with you. I'm sorry about telling you to not contact us. Emotions were just rising you know?" I smile and I can his walls slowly come down, as his face lights up with hope. The false hope that I have set up for him.

I'm in.

"C'mere son." He says and pulls me into a hug. "I love you so much. I knew you would side with me instead of your crazy girlfriend." He sighs and I bite back my tongue.

Is he serious right now?

"You too Dad, and yeah she's just insane..." I mutter trying my best to not sound sardonic.

"Okay well come in." He waves me in and I follow behind me entering the house where Y/n's mom is most likely hostage.

Suddenly a huge weight falls upon my shoulders.

I can't mess this up.

Being the "hero" isn't always this easy task to fulfill. People even say "Name one hero that was happy." and I can't name one. I know what I'm getting myself into and I am willing to do that for Y/n.

I take note of everything that is around me, the heavy cigarette smell that makes my head hurt, the cluttered tabletops, and I can hear a faint crying.

I automatically get tense.

Is that Petra?

Is that Y/n's Mom?

"Dad can you give me a tour I always knew you wanted your own place." I smile and he glances around. 

"This is it. Anyways can I get you some water?" He asks and I nod. "Where's your bathroom?"

"Down that hallway to your left, I'll get a show ready for us. We haven't done that in a while" He says before leaving to the kitchen and I rush over there once he is out of sight. Once I turn my stomach twists, I start to feel shaky. I put my hand on my gun and slowly walk to the basement door, the arguing getting louder with each and every step.

"HOW DO YOU THINK OUR DAUGHTER FEELS!!" Petra yells.

"Do you not think that crosses my mind every single day?!" He bites back. "HOW MUCH I HAVE HURT HER?!"

"SHE TOOK IT SO HARD!!!" Petra starts to sob. "You-are-not-the-man-I- thought-I-married." 

"I never was enough for you! I WAS NEVER THE MAN YOU WANTED ME TO BE!"

"Yes you were, you made me so happy...I loved you so much." She pleads with him.

"I guess that wasn't enough..." He says and I hear her gasp.

I kick down the door and I hear a bullet whizz right next to my ear.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!!!" I yell and he has Petra in a chokehold, as the other hand has a gun to her head. When we lock eyes, I can't help but see the resemblance between them. The (y/c) eyes, the (y/c) hair, the wild look in his eyes.