18 <3

"No you're not"

I stood there speechless.

The hall was empty and so was my soul in that moment. I felt all my walls start to crumble and cave in on me.

This only happened once before and it was the day I found out my Dad died.

I went numb and simply turned off my emotions.

I started to walk toward the doors that lead outside.

"Ms. Allen I need you to get back to class." I hear a teacher or whatever say.

I ignored them and walked out. Nothing could be worse than the guilt and frustration that was growing inside me.

I walked home and took my time getting home and got questioning looks from people but I didn't care.

I didn't care anymore about anything or anyone.

I climbed up my tree and set down my stuff on the floor.

The house was eerily quiet. I was always so busy and happy that I never noticed how silent it could get.

I kicked off my shoes and laid back on my bed.

I wish I ne-

Never met me?

The way his face that was always so happy looked so heartbroken, and he did the same thing I'm doing right now.

He turned off his emotions.

All of this felt unreal. It felt like in any moment now he would come up that tree and tap on my window.

I miss him...and it's only been what? An hour?

How pathetic is that.

I don't need him.

I don't need anyone.

Not Jackson

Not Avianna

Not Arlo

Not my mom

Not my sister

and the only person I would love to talk too is dead.

I needed myself but at this very moment it felt nearly impossible.

I felt like I was a stranger to myself.

The numbness took over me and I was just still.

I couldn't cry.

I don't feel angry.

I just feel empty.

Where was the Y/n I knew a day ago?

The one who was wrapped up in Jackson's arms.

The one who hugged her mom.

The one who was there for her sister.

I can't let anyone see this...I can't let my mom know that I'm feeling numb again.

I just need to build up walls and smile.

So when I'm alone I can figure it all out.

That's the plan.

I picked up my phone and played music because it was my therapy besides writing to my dad.

I listened to my favorite sad song on my headphones.

I wanted to cry to feel something now before I have to go and be numb again.

It started to play and I closed my eyes letting the song take over my thoughts.