22<3

"Nothing that was just...impressive."

I look up at him and as much as I want to stay. I can't so I open the door and get out shutting it behind me.

I  turn the corner and open the door to History.  Mr. May looks up at me with a shrewd expression.

"Where were you?" He demands.

"The bathroom," I respond.

"No really where were you?" He asks again in the same sharp tone and I grin.

"I think that's a personal question, but if you really want to know I'll answer," I say leaning against my desk.

"Where were you?"

" I was in the bathroom. The reason I took so long is that I'm on my period." I say smiling and his face turns into a troubled expression. " I assume you know what that is, but if you don't it means when a girl bleeds out of her-" I say slowly as if talking to a four year old and everyone looks at me with wide eyes.

"That's enough..er..sorry." He says looking quite red.

"Thank you," I say tilting my head with a false appreciative expression.

"Men are stupid," I complain as I take a seat.

I look over to my right and see Julian's eyes on mine.

"What? Don't worry I don't bite." I smile and he shakes his head.

"Nothing that was just...impressive." He smirks and I look away from his gaze.

"Thanks, Julian." I smile feeling awkward because we normally argue.

"Anytime y/n." He responds softly. "I'm done with the slides by the way. So I guess I'll just relax while you do the rest." He says confidently leaning back on his chair.

"You're done? Really?" I question surprised and he notices.

"See for yourself." He challenges as he pulls out a book and starts to read.

I look at the work and it's done remarkably well. I thought he was just a dumb athlete. I glance up and see him reading William Shakespeare.

"Yes y/n?" He asks still looking at his book and flipping a page. 

" I just..um...I misjudged you." I say feeling guilty.

"Everybody does." He shrugs closing his book. "You're not the first one. Next time don't judge a book by its cover." He smiles tapping the front of his book and setting it down.

"I'll keep that in mind next time." I laugh and he tilts his head to the right. "Well, at least I taught you something." He chuckles picking up his book.

" What sport do you play anyway?" I question, not wanting the conversation to end.

" Basketball...we actually have a game coming up. Would you like to come?" He asks seeming a little nervous.

"To support you?" 

"Yeah, why not. It would be nice to see a familiar face." 

"Don't you have friends?" I ask instantly regretting it. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way."

"You're fine." He chuckles. "Some yeah, not many."

"I thought you were popular."

"You really think I'm this arrogant fool don't you?" He questions.

"Well to be honest at first I did." I say truthfully.

" Well, I'm not...and I hope I don't come across that way. " He says humbly.