Destinies Realized

3rd Person POV

     The Golden Quartet walk through the Great Hall and see the myriad of wounded or dead students and/or teachers, and while (Y/n) feels the weight of responsibility on his heart, he also knows that war is near the ugliest thing anyone ever faces and to fight back even if your scared means you are a warrior worthy of rememberance. He himself goes around to every single cot to see to the wounded, console friends and family, and honor the dead by giving each their wands. Harry looks around and the words Voldemort said start to resonate in his mind, he then looks at the vial that he caught Snape's tears in and goes to the headmaster's office. He takes out the pensieve and drops Snape's tears into it and looks through the memories of the professor.

(A/N): Man, that's rough, and a fate no human should ever have to endure.

          (Y/n), meanwhile, has joined Hermione, Ron and Maria on the staircase. He takes a seat next to Hermione and she scoots closer, takes his hand in hers and leans her head against his shoulder.

Hermione: You know this isn't your fault, right?

(Y/n): If I could've-

Hermione: Stop. You are not omnipotent, you are different from everyone, yes. But you are not all seeing and won't always see everything coming, but all those people who died or are wounded made this sacrifice on their own accord, to do what they felt was right. Just like you do, everyone fails at who their supposed to be, the true measure of a man, of a hero, is how well they succeed at being who they are.

     Hermione kisses (Y/n)'s cheek then continues staying close to him with their hands intertwined, until they hear footfalls and turn around to see Harry walking towards them with a somber look on his face.

Hermione: Where have you been?

Ron: Yeah, we thought youd gone to the Forbidden Forest.

Harry: I'm headed there now.

(Y/n): No! No, you can't just give yourself up like this! After everything we've been through-

      Hermione places her hand on (Y/n)'s hammer arm and he looks down at her and calms down as Hermione asks.

Hermione: What is it you know?

Harry: *sniffles* There's a reason I can hear them, the Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while, *gestures to Hermione and (Y/n)* and I think you both have too.

      (Y/n) realizes what Harry means, that Harry is a Horcrux as well and needs to be killed to beat Voldemort, Hermione starts to tear up for her friend's ultimate fate.

Hermione: I'll go with you.

Harry: No, kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him.

(Y/n): If Ron and Hermione kill the snake, I can finish Voldemort with one strike from Mjolnir and end his threat for good.

Harry: Look after each other.

      Everyone is pulled into a group hug, (Y/n) wraps his arms around everyone and lifts them in the air, one last time. Harry then walks out of the castle to meet Voldemort in the forbidden forest. Back on the staircase, the rest of the group start to console each other, when suddenly there is a massive quake that shakes the entire school. The four friends rush outside and see Loki in the courtyard, laughing.