The Second Task

(Y/n) POV

After the events at the Yule Ball, Hermione and I spend a lot more time together, today though I am very disappointed in Harry, because he just told Hermione and I that he still has yet to figure out the egg he got from the first task.

(Y/n): Unacceptable!

Hermione: Harry, you told us you figured out the egg weeks ago! The task is two days from now!

Harry: *sarcastic* Really? I had no idea.

(Y/n): No, you don't get to be sarcastic about this! You have to figure this clue out or you'll be completely unprepared for the next task!

Hermione: *calms me down* You are trying to figure this out right?

Harry: What is that supposed to mean?

(Y/n): It means that this Tournament is designed to test in the most brutal way possible to near cruelty.

Hermione: We are just worried about you. You got past the dragon mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time.

Cedric: Hey Potter!

Harry talks with Cedric a little bit, while Hermione and I just wander back to the Gryffindor Common room. Later that night, Hermione and I are still up studying and I start to think more about Mjolnir and Roberts words about Thor having him safeguard it, it almost sounded like-

Hermione: *snaps fingers* (Y/n)?

(Y/n): I'm sorry, did you say something?

Hermione: You just seemed distracted is all. Are you alright?

(Y/n): Yeah, it's just Robert has been telling me more about my families history and some of it is kind of hard to process without jumping to the wrong conclusions. *sigh*

Ron then walks in with Harry and Harry clearly has something on his mind.

(Y/n): Harry, what's wrong?

Harry: I figured out the clue, I just can't make any sense of it.

Hermione then says we should all go to the Library and go through it with Harry and try to figure out what he'll need to do. And after several hours of researching-

Hermione: Harry, tell us again.

Harry: *groans* 'Come seek us where our voices sound.'

(Y/n): The Black Lake, that's obvious.

Harry: 'An hour long you'll have to look.'

Hermione: Again, obvious.

(Y/n): Though, potentially problematic.

Harry: 'Potentially problematic'?! When's the last time you held you breath under water for an hour?!

Hermione: Uh...

(Y/n): Last night.

Harry: *groans* Why did I bother?

Hermione: Look, Harry we can do this we just need to think.

Moody: Hate to break up the late night study session. Professor Dumbeldore would like to see you in his office. *Harry starts to stand* Not you Potter, just Weasley and Granger. And (Y/n), Dumbeldore would like to see you in 1 hour in his office as well.

(Y/n): Why?

Moody: Because Dumbeldore said so.

Hermione gives me a kiss on my cheek before she and Ron head to Dumbeldore's office, Harry and I start to put our books away.