Detention in the Dark Forest

(A/N): Alright like I said in my message to my followers, I am rewriting the final act of year 1 and this is the first part. You see I thought the oroginal ending was rushed and the readers chatacter was just there just be there so hopefully, this will work better for you and the character. Enjoy!

(Y/n) POV

       The Golden Quartet are trying to sneak they're way back into Hogwarts on their way from Hagrid's hut. Hagrid was surely going to get into trouble for having a dragon on school property and now all that could be ruined because of Draco Malfoy, that back stabbing weasel.

Harry: Hagrid has always wanted a dragon. Told me so the first time I met him.

(Y/n): It's mad. And worse Malfoy knows.

Hermione: I don't understand. Is that bad?

Ron: It's bad.

     We all look to see Professor McGonagall with a very disappointed look.

McGonagall: Good evening.

     Malfoy then appears from behind her with a stupid smug expression. We are then taken to McGonagall's office and she starts tearing into us.

McGonagall: Nothing. I repeat, nothing, gives a student the right to walk about the castle at night. As a result, 50 points will be taken.

Harry: 50!

(Y/n): What!

McGonagall: Each. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will recieve detention.

      This got a confused reaction from Draco, who then approached McGonagall's desk and asked.

Malfoy: Excuse me Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said the five of us?

McGonagall: No you heard me correct, Mr. Malfoy. Honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention.

     I tried to stifle a chuckle because Malfoy was not off the hook. A little while later, Mr. Filch arrived to take us to detention.

Filch: A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time when detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming.

     I could tell Hermione was a little scared of what we might have to do and that story of the old punishments didn't help. So I took her hand in mine to try and help calm her nerves. As we approached Hagrid's hut, Filch then told us what we'd be doing as detention.

Filch: You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest.

     We walked up to Hagrid's campfire and I warmed up my hands a bit as Filch addressed a saddened Hagrid.

Filch: A sorry lot this, Hagrid.

Hagrid: *sniffles*

Filch: Good God man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?

Hagrid: Norbert's gone. Dumbeldore sent him over to Romania, to live in a colony.

Hermione: Well, that's good isn't it? He'll be with his own kind.

Hagrid: Yeah well, what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby after all.

Filch: Oh for God's sake, pull yourself together. You're going into the forest after all. Gotta have your wits about you.

Malfoy: The forest? I thought that was a joke. Students aren't aloud and there are, *wolf howls in distance* werewolves.

(Y/n): Actually there's no full moon tonight, so no werewolves. But if there are any out there I'll let them know you want to meet them. *laughs*