A New Beginning

(Y/n) POV

      I am flying around while trying to find a weak point on Jormungandr, but having no luck. I can't give up though, not until everyone is safe, I summon another thunder storm with all the might I have at my disposal and I dive and once again slam Mjolnir on the Serpent's head. Jormungandr reels back in pain but recovers quickly and tries to strike at me, but I manage to dodge and continue flying circles to figure out some way to beat this monstrosity. I hope the others are having better luck.

Hermione POV

     I am not having an easy time, I mean I'm up against the God of Mischief and he is hell bent on the destruction of Midgard and all the nine realms really. I throw a Stupefy spell but Loki tanks right through and throws an energy blast at me which I manage to block with Protego. Damn, and I thought it was just (Y/n) that was this tough, but I guess it's all Asgardians. Loki throws another blast but I manage to dodge roll and then throw another Stupefy then throw the knife (Y/n) gave me, the spell was blocked but the knife hit Loki in the arm and I began to rush him. I reach him as he takes out the knife and tries to strike at me but I slide to duck under his attack and between his legs, I get back up and kick the back of Loki's knee which, while he flinched, he didn't buckle. I duck again as Loki spins around with his spear and I then cast a close range Bombardum spell causing an explosion between us. I get sent rolling across the ground of the courtyard as a result of the explosion, I recover somewhat slowly, because that kind of hurt, and I look at the smoke cloud and try to look for Loki's next move, suddenly an energy blast comes from the smoke and I just barely manage to use Protego but the force of the blast sent me skidding across the ground. Ow.

3rd Person POV

     Harry is desperately trying to keep Voldemort busy while Ron and Maria try to destroy the snake, Nagini. Harry and Voldemort end up at the edge of a ruined balcony.

Voldemort: I killed Snape. The Elder wand belongs to me.

Harry: What if it never belonged to Snape in the first place? Come on, Tom. Let's finish this the way we started. Together.

     Harry grabs Voldemort and pushes both wizards off the edge and start careening towards the canyon below. Voldemort is forced to Apparterate both of them and each now fight for control until both end up back in the courtyard. Both wizards recover and grab their wands, then cast spells at each other causing each to clash. Meanwhile, Neville has finally recovered from Voldemort casting whatever spell he was hit with, he sees the fighting around him as his senses come back and his eyes land on the Sword of Gryffindor. As he goes to grab it, Neville hears Maria scream and sees Ron desperately trying to kill Nagini. Ron is keeping himself between Maria and the snake as it charges and strikes at him, before the snake can connect though Neville charges in and swings the Sword in his hands and destroys the final Horcrux. Feeling this, Voldemort and Harry stop their spell beam struggle and Harry sees Voldemort in pain but recovers and they two continue their beam struggle. The only reason their evenly matched is because what Harry said was true, the Elder Wand still resists Voldemort, and eventually Harry overpowers and disarms Voldemort while reflecting his own spell back at him. Harry watches as Voldemort starts turning into nothingness, the Dark Lord is finally, defeated.

(Y/n) POV

     I am still hammering away at Jormungandr, I've managed to do some major damage even knocking out more of the monster's teeth and even taking out and eyeball. But this battle is starting to become tiring, and I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I summon what strength I have and keep fighting off Jormungandr's strikes and casting the biggest lightning blasts in the history of lightning of anywhere. I then start to get an idea, a way to save earth and destroy the Midgard Serpent once and for all. I cast another lightning bolt and it disorients Jormungandr long enough for me to get under him and start trying to lift him off the ground, but damn this thing is heavier than anything I've ever attempted to lift, even mountains were nothing compared to the giant serpent. I start to think about my friends and everyone who have sacrificed so much to help me and everyone else safeguard this planet, my thoughts then turn to Hermione and the fact that I would do anything to make her happy and at this point that means defying my fate and surviving this conflict. I soon lose all senses and just feel rage and start lifting hard and finally, Jormungandr starts rising in the air. The Warrior's Madness increases my strength by 10 and with the help of the Belt of Strength I manage to lift Jormungandr off Earth's surface and into outer space. I can tell the Serpent is bewildered by this but tries to strike at me but I simply swing Mjolnir and break his lower jaw with relative ease. Jormungandr roars and screeches in pain, I then move to his tail and start spinning him around and around in circles, gaining momentum.