The First Task

3rd Person POV

Dumbeldore is in his office after being told that Harry must compete in the Triwizard Tournament.

McGonagall: This can't go on Albus. First the Dark Mark, now this.

Dumbeldore: What do you-

Suddenly, (Y/n) bursts through the door and Dumbeldore could see outside that the storm was getting worse.

Moody: (Y/n)-

(Y/n): No, you don't get to talk! What the hell happened out there?! How did Harry's name get picked from the Goblet of Fire?!

Dumbeldore: First, I need you to calm down.

(Y/n): How can I calm down when my friends life is at stake?!

Dumbeldore: What do you suggest we do then?

(Y/n): Pull Harry out of the Tournament! Don't let him compete!

Dumbeldore: Barty said the rules are clear, besides the Goblet has now constituted a binding magical contract. Harry doesn't have a choice.

(Y/n): Then end the Tournament all together.

Dumbeldore: The Ministry won't allow it.

(Y/n): To Hel with the Ministry and their rules! Since when did you ever accommodate the Ministry?!

McGonagall: I agree with Mr. (L/n), Professor.

Snape: Headmaster, I too think these events are beyond mere coincidence.

(Y/n): Clearly. Professor, whoever did this is no friend of the school.

Snape: However, if we are to truly discover the intentions of the enemy, perhaps we should, for the time being, let them unfold.

McGonagall: What? Do nothing?! Offer him up as bait?!

(Y/n): Absolutely not! I will not allow my friend to be set up like a pig for slaughter for this damn Tournament!

Dumbeldore: I agree, with Severus.

(Y/n): How can you say that, Dumbeldore?! Harry is nowhere near ready for something like this!

Dumbeldore: I don't know what else we can do.

(Y/n); Let me take Harry's place then.

McGonagall: But why trade one 14 year old boy for another?

(Y/n): Because I can actually easily trounce anything the Tournament decides to throw at me.

Snape: You would willingly risk your own life to protect Potter?

(Y/n): So that my friends can live, every time. Please, Dumbeldore, let me take Harry's place in the Tournament.

Dumbeldore: I wish I could. As I stated earlier, the Goblet has constituted a binding magical contract, Harry must compete.

(Y/n): *eyes widen in disbelief then turns to anger* I expected better out of you.

Before anyone can respond, (Y/n) storms out of the office, punching out a piece of the wall along the way. McGonagall starts after him, but Dumbeldore stops her.

Dumbeldore: Let him go, Minerva.

Snape: Headmaster?

Dumbeldore: He needs time. I understand his frustration better than he already knows. We are taking a huge risk with Harry being in the tournament. And I would gladly take (Y/n)'s offer to replace him with (Y/n), after all (Y/n) is more powerful than everyone at this school put together. Alastor, keep an eye on Harry?