The Battle Begins

3rd Person POV

Preparations for the defense of Hogwarts are well underway, the professors are out in the courtyard making plans and setting up defenses to slow Voldemort down. Hermione has joined (Y/n) in the courtyard who seems to be giving out orders and approaches.

(Y/n): Alright, we need to destroy to bridge leading to the back of the school so we do not get flanked otherwise we won't stand a chance.

McGonagall: I believe Mr. Finnigan has a speciality in pyrotechnics.

Seamus: I can get it down. Come on, Neville.

(Y/n): We also need to shore up defenses for the entryway.

McGonagall: We can most certainly handle that.

Flitwick: You know we can't keep You-Know-Who out indefinitely.

(Y/n): Do not lose faith. This cannot, and will not, be the end. To defeat Voldemort, we must buy Harry time to destroy the remaining Horcruxes. I will lead the way into battle and when the account of the ages is written into the cosmos of the nine realms, let those who exist long after us know, that this was our finest hour!

(Y/n) flies into the air and starts making the thunder storm surrounding the school stronger with lightning streaking across the sky frequently. Hermione, inspired by (Y/n)'s speech, starts thinking back on the Asgardian spells she's learned over the past year and a half and comes up with one and walks to the middle of the courtyard. She starts to concentrate and focusing on the magical energy that flows through her, she opens her eyes and magic starts to emminate from her hands she then performs a series of hand motions and aims the spell at the sky, the spell makes a protective bubble around the entire school itself. Professor McGonagall turns to the entryway of the school and casts a spell on the knight statues.

McGonagall: Piertotum Locomotor.

One by one, statues of knights start moving and march to the bridge at the front of the school and they all file just behind Hermione's magic barrier.

McGonagall: Hogwarts is threatened. Man the boundaries. Protect us. Do your duty to our school. *to Molly* I always wanted to say that.

The adults start putting up defensive spells of their own and create a secondary barrier should Hermione's fail.

Meanwhile, Harry is rushing up a flight of stairs while Luna seemingly pesters him.

Luna: Harry, listen, I need to talk to you.

Harry: I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna.

Luna: You won't find anything where you're going. You're wasting time.

Harry: Please, later.

Luna: Harry.

Harry: Later.

Luna: Harry Potter! You listen to me right now! Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? "There isn't anyone alive who has seen it." It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to someone who's dead.

Harry finally understands and Luna takes him to see the ghost of The Grey Lady, Harry eventually gets a lead on where to look for Ravenclaw's diadem, in the room of requirement. Ron and Maria, meanwhile, are entering the Chamber of Secrets to get the one thing that can destroy Horcruxes, a basilisk fang.

Maria: Are you sure we're still gonna find one down here?

Ron: Positive. (Y/n) and Harry killed one our second year.

Maria: Alright, *takes Ron's hand* you lead, I'll follow.

Meanwhile, overlooking the school, Voldemort is only capable of chuckling at our heroes efforts.