Classes

(Y/n) POV

I wake up early and do my morning workout in the common room so I don't disturb anyone, an hour later I get cleaned up and dressed for first day classes at Hogwarts, I walk out of the dorm and see Hermione in the common room seemingly waiting for something.

(Y/n): Good Morning, Hermione!

Hermione: (Y/n), seriously after all these years do you need to be so loud.

(Y/n): Yes! Because, Ron and Harry will never wake up otherwise.

Hermione: *giggles* So, ready to go?

(Y/n): Yup.

Hermione and I get going to Ancient Runes get class started, after class Hermione leads me to an unoccupied corridor and pulls out a device around her neck. She wraps the chain around my neck and Hermione turns the time turner attached to it and we go back in time and head to Divination class which was at the same time as Ancient Runes. Hermione and I walk in and take a seat near Harry and Ron as Professor Trelawney starts.

Trelawney: Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight.

Trelawney, bless her heart, is a good teacher but a little unhinged.

Trelawney: Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. *excited* Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you.

Hermione and I exchange tea cups and immediately I am lost on what it's supposed to mean.

Trelawny: The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds, you must look beyond!

Hermione: *whispers* What a load of rubbish.

(Y/n): *whispers* I mean she has to know what she's talking about but the rest of us are having a hard time following.

Ron: Where did you come from?!

Hermione: Me? I've been here all this time.

Trelawney: *to Neville* You boy- is your grandmother well?

Neville: Uh, I-I think so.

Trelawney: I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup. Oh, hmm....*puts cup back down* Broaden your minds! Oh! *to Ron* Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are.

Ron: Sure.

Trelawney: Look at the cup. Tell me what you see.

Ron: Uh, yeah, um... Harry's got some sort of wonky cross. *looks through book* That's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun, and that's happiness. So, uh... you're gonna suffer... but you're gonna be happy about it.

Trelawney: Give me the cup. AH OH! *drops cup back on the table* Oh, my dear boy. My dear... you have... the Grim.

I quickly look through my book and find the meaning behind it as Seamus asks what that means.

(Y/n): Um, here we go, The Grim, "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death."

The class ends on a ominous note and While did understand some of it, Trelawney made it difficult to follow her teachings. As the four of us walk towards Hagrid's hut, Ron brings up the omen again.

Ron: You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?

Hermione: Oh, honestly, Ron! If you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject.