Chapter 40

"What do you need her for?" Eren questioned the two policemen.

"Eren sweetie, is everything alright?" Carla came down.

"Mom, can you handle these two please?" Eren moved away from the door to let his mom talk to the police.

"Sure thing." Carla looked confused at the two men sitting on her porch.

"What can I help you two with?"

"We're from the police department." They said in unison raising their badges.

"We received information that a young girl, about your son's age might be in this house. If that's the case we would like to speak with her." Carla looked confused at me. 'What did they need me for?'

"Yeah...she's here." Carla nodded her head telling me to come over to her, and I did just that. Biting the inside of my cheek I approached the two policemen shyly. They took a good look at me before speaking.

"She's matching the description we have." They tried talking between them but I heard them very well.

"Are you Y/n L/n?" One of them asked me looking up from his pocket notebook that he had in his hand.

"Y-yes. That's me."

"Alright, we'll need you to come with us." My eyes widened. No way in hell was I going to step out of this house without an explanation.

"Whoa, stop right there. I think we own an explanation here." Carla said as if she read my thoughts.

"Ma'am, I'm afraid we can't give you one since we don't have any information ourselves. We were just told to find her and bring her to the police station, if you'd like you can come as well and get as many answers as you want." Without thinking she took her purse and put her shoes on.

"I'm coming too." Eren hurried to put his shoes on as well but Carla stopped him.

"No Eren, you stay here with Mikasa, I'll come back as soon as possible." Eren hesitated at first but he probably knew it was pointless to argue so he took his shoes off and went to stand beside Mikasa.

Carla and I got inside the police car and stayed silent. 'Well this is a first.' I thought fidgeting with my fingers. I was scared, cold and nervous. Carla's motherly instincts kicked in and she quickly noticed how stressed I was. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder bringing me close to her as she tried to calm me down.

Minutes, which felt like hours passed and the car came to a stop, making me look out the window and observe the surroundings. It was a rather small police station and it was the only building that was lit. Carla and I got out of the vehicle and walked behind the policemen who guided us to the entrance and to a reception desk.

"We found her." They announced to the lady sitting behind the desk. She took a good look at me before looking at the computer she had in front of her.

"Alright Mrs. L/n, would you mind waiting a little bit here. You can sit down on the couch, have a glass of water, the dispenser is over there." She pointed to a water dispenser.

"Excuse me, we would like to know what's going on." Carla said approaching the lady.

"Oh right. Well Y/n basically ran away from the house she was living in and came here. Her being an exchange student didn't help at all, her parents were worried sick so they contacted the agency asking where she lived a couple months ago, then they contacted the police and the searching began. Y/n did create a hassle." Carla was left speechless. I guess she didn't expect something like that from me.

"So what's gonna happen now?" Carla added, turning to the woman once again.

"Her parents are on the way to pick her up, and I can't tell you what's going to happen from there since I'm not sure myself." The woman shrugged looking back at her computer.