Chapter 42

Three months have passed since I left Japan. My life has become completely different, I had nothing but my family. Emma and Daniel made it very clear that they wanted nothing to do with me by avoiding me. I'm pretty sure at this point I don't even have friends, I wasn't feeling like myself, my personality changed drastically, I was the quiet kid.  Sitting at the back of the class, not being bullied or picked on but not being talked to, and I didn't bother to talk to anybody, I was exhausted from all of this. At this point I just wanted to graduate school and move on, start a new life.

My birthday is in two days, yet I had no desire to celebrate it. My mom asked me if I wanted to do something special but I refused, I just wanted to be with myself. I will be turning seventeen...there goes another year of my life.

Currently I was sitting at a desk in the library studying. It was after school hours but I didn't feel like going home.

"Miss, I'm sorry but I have to close the library." The librarian said looking at me through her glasses. I nodded gathering all my stuff and trying to hold it at once but failing to do so, papers scattering everywhere. The lady sighed and bent down to help me pick them up.

"I've noticed you're here most of the time...don't you have friends or something? Go enjoy your life." She gave me a small encouraging smile. I gave her a small smile back shaking my head.

"You're not much of a talker I see." She chuckled handing me  the papers I dropped.

"W-well...I'm not that used to talking." I said scratching my nape and laughing awkwardly.

"So your the quiet kid. Those are scary." She chuckled before returning back behind her desk.

I made my way out of the library and exited the school, starting to walk towards my house.

'Yeah...scary to be me isn't it?'

~

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Y/n, happy birthday to you!" My mom and dad sang for me while holding the small chocolate cake with two candles that were in the shape of the numbers one and seven.

"Come on Y/n, make a wish." My mother encouraged me bringing the cake closer to my face. I thought for a moment before blowing out the candles.

'Please God, let me return to Japan one day.'

As the fire went out my mother and father clapped their hands cutting the cake and giving me a slice.

"I hope whatever you wished for will come true one day kid." My dad gave me a smile patting my head.

"Thanks dad." I said taking the plate from my mom's hands.

"Well you're having cake for breakfast so cheer up!" My mother took a slice of cake for her as well, tasting it and closing her eyes in delight.

'Cheer up...doesn't sound so bad.' A small smile formed on my lips.

Time skip, one year later

"Y/n, get your ass over here!!!" I heard my mother yelling at me from the kitchen. With a groan I got up from my comfortable bed and walked through the house making my way towards the kitchen. I gave my mom a questionable look once I saw her sitting at the kitchen counter with her eyes glued to the laptop's screen.

"Come here, you're not gonna believe this." She motioned me to get closer to her with her hand. I rolled my eyes at her and walked a little bit closer, just enough to be able to peak at the screen she was starring at intensely. I read what was written, and my eyes widened with shock.

"No fucking way..." my voice drifted off, my hands clasping over my mouth.

"Y/n, language!" My mother playfully punched my arm.

"No mom, you don't understand! My wish came true!" I said excitedly jumping up and down like a kid.

"What are you talking about." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Mom, I got accepted to university! That means I'm going back to Japan!" I hugged my mother tightly not knowing how else to react.

"Y/n, I haven't seen you this happy in years." She smiles hugging me back. I pulled back and watched her smile turn into a smirk.

"And...you're finally moving out." She leaned back in her chair the smirk never leaving her lips.

"Huh?"

"You're eighteen Y/n, it was about time you moved out of this house. You know start a new life or whatever." She said sighing and closing her eyes.

"Yeah well before I do that I still have to finish this school year...the last one."

"You better be getting good grades
Y/n." She pointed a finger at me giving me a warning look.

"Yeah, yeah. I am, don't worry." I waved her off, skipping back to my room.

'Finally...a new beginning.'

A/n:
I'm so sorry this chapter was so short, I promise I'll make it longer tomorrow, please don't be mad at me. I hope you still enjoyed it and I'll see you next time, bye!

From Lin to reader-chan♥️