Chapter 32

I sat on my bed waiting for Marco, and for the first time this thought came to my mind. 'Am I being too disrespectful?' I thought about this for the first time since I've been here. I always said I'll stay on my own in school but without even wanting it I managed to make a few friends. Maybe I should really give them a chance. The door to my room opened and Marco stepped inside.

"Hi Y/n." He greeted me shyly. Come on Y/n, greet him back and don't be rude. It's not like you to be rude.' I tried convincing myself.

"Hello Marco."

"I didn't expect you to actually greet me back." He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "I know you don't like me so I refused to come here at first but Grace insisted." He thought I didn't like him? Did my actions really showed that off, because that wasn't the case. It wasn't that I disliked him, I knew from the start that he was a good boy. I guess I felt guilty getting close to other males besides Levi.

"Marco...if I'm being honest with you, that's not the case. I don't actually hate you." His brown eyes widened a bit.

"You don't? Because you were acting like you hated me." He came closer, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Well you see...the truth is, I actually have a boyfriend and I was forced to come and live with Grace and Ryan, and I told myself that I should be distant towards the people that I met here." I explained. It felt good to finally get that off my chest.

"So you must miss him." He had a sympathetic smile plastered on his lips.

"Y-yes." It was weird opening up to someone I met not so long ago.

"Look Y/n, don't distance yourself from the people that want to get to know you. They could be great people you know?" I get what he was saying. I get it now, if he told me this about a day ago I would've thought, he's annoying but this was some pretty good advice.

"Do Ryan and Grace know about him?" Marco continued. I nodded my head 'no' looking at the floor.

"Maybe you should tell them and they'll stop trying to set me up with you. And maybe they'll let you visit him." Marco had a point, but still, should I really be considering telling them. They're basically unpredictable, I have no idea how they would react.

"I'll think about it. Thanks for the advice." I gave him a shy smile.

Time skip to the next day

I walked through the school gates once again, changing my shoes to the ones the school gave me. I was walking through the halls with the necessary books in my hand, and I noticed Reiner leaning against the wall looking at nothing in particular.

"Oh hey Y/n." He said once he noticed me.

"Hi." I had decided that I would give Reiner, Annie and Bretholdt a chance, I'm sure they deserved it.

"I didn't expect you to actually say something back." He laughed slightly, walking beside me.

"I'm in a better mood today." I made up an excuse, since I didn't think it was a good idea to tell them that I thought they were slightly annoying.

"I see...So you're ready for maths?"

"I'm never ready for maths." Although I got a bit better at this subject, I'm still struggling to get an eighty percent score on my tests.

"Same. Oh look! It's Annie and Bert. I bet they're waiting for us." We started walking a bit faster to reach the blonde girl and the Eiffel Tower boy.

"So she's talking today huh?" Annie said once we got close enough to hear them.

"Yeah, it's awesome!" Reiner spoke.

"Y/n seriously, don't waste your time talking to him." Annie continued pointing at Reiner.

"Only dumb shit comes out of his mouth."

"You know I heard you right?!" Reiner protested earning a laugh from me. They're actually pretty funny.

"Okay quit arguing and let's go to class." Bertholdt suggested, I figured he wasn't the type to get into arguments so I guess that's good.

Throughout the day we talked more and I got to know them better. In the end I was right, they do deserve a chance and I'm glad I gave them one. We were finished with school for the day and it was time to part ways.

"Y/n, wait!" Annie called out.

"I noticed you go in the same direction I do, so let's walk together." Annie was an interesting person. At first glance I saw no difference between her and a wall, she had a plain expression which was hard to read, but I guess that's just how she acts and I slowly got used to it.

"So what's your backstory." Annie started. "It's unusual for a student to change schools in the middle of the year." She continued.

"Well I'm an exchange student and at first I was put into another school and I was living with another family. But for whatever reason I was supposed so suddenly move and live with new people and change schools. So now I'm here."

"We're kinda similar Y/n." I raised a brow at Annie's comment.

"What do you mean?"

"I transferred here two years ago, and I was acting the same as you. Not talking and trying to stay on my own, but you see...those two idiots wouldn't leave me alone so now I'm stuck with them." That's rather interesting. For some reason I didn't expect her to be a transfer student.

"And I call them idiots, but they're pretty nice people, so give them a chance." She added.

"Okay...thanks for telling me." I smiled at her.

"I gotta turn here, but what do you say if we walk to school together tomorrow?" She asked me.

"Sure, is 7:30 ok?"

"Yes, don't be late or I'll smack your head." She said before taking her turn. As nice as she tried to be she was still scary.

I had one more thing to think about and that was wether I should tell Grace and Ryan about Levi so they could leave me alone. I thought about every possible situation, and after some time I came to the conclusion that more good than bad things can happen if I tell them, so I made my decision. 

"Hello Y/n!" Grace greeted me as usual after I stepped inside the house. Ryan was drinking coffee and reading a newspaper while sitting on the couch.

"Hey." I greeted back.

"Should I invite Marco later or-" I cut Grace off.

"Grace, Ryan, you should know something." I walked closer to them.

"Go ahead." Ryan said, giving me the opportunity to continue.

"I have a boyfriend."

A/n:
Hello guys, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry if these last two chapters were boring, it's just that I have something in mind but the relationship between the characters needs to build up a little bit more in order for my ideas to happen so please bear with me a little more. Stay safe and happy, I'll see you next time, bye!

From Lin to reader-chan♥️