29. Trust

Violet

I thought I was trapped in a never-ending dream of phone alarms but when I felt my phone buzz beside me, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

I answered the call after sitting up straight, realizing I had fallen asleep on my desk from doing homework.

"Hello?" I say, not knowing who it was since I didn't get the chance to check the Caller ID.

"Thank God. I thought something happened to you."

I groaned, feeling uncomfortable with the noise since my senses weren't fully functional yet. "Justin? What time is it? Is it time to go?" I looked back at the clock on my nightstand to see it was already 10:30 PM. "Shit! How long have you been calling? Shit, shit, shit, I'm so sorry. I was supposed to meet you three and a half hours ago."

"Hey, hey, VI, relax. I texted you earlier that I wouldn't be able to make it. I'm guessing you never actually read my message." Justin says.

I kept Justin on speakerphone so I could check my messages. I scrolled through the number of notifications that flooded my phone until I found his text.

From: Justin
I'm sorry I can't make it tonight. There was something I had to take care for the label. I promise to make it up to you tomorrow. For real this time. I'll pick you up for breakfast before your scheduled Tutoring tomorrow. I'm really sorry VI.

I switched my phone back to its previous setting so I could talk to Justin better. "Oh, I'm sorry. I kind of fell asleep waiting for you." I explain.

"I'm sorry. That's my fault. I really had something to do and the label's timing couldn't be worst." Justin says.

I walked around the house to stretch my body since I had fallen asleep in such a bad position. I stopped walking when I had reached the balcony then continued speaking with Justin while I enjoyed the cold breeze.

"It's alright. It's your job and I told you I'd support you no matter what right? Don't worry about it." I tell Justin, not realizing that we were finally having a conversation without barking on each other's tree.

"Thanks VI. I really needed to hear that. Do you think you're still up for dinner? I mean I'd really like to make things right with you as promised." Justin says, causing my stomach to make weird flips.

"I'd love to but it's kind of late. You'll still need to drive to my place and by the time you get here, we probably won't find anything open to go to."

"There will be, trust me on this one. We just need to leave now." he says, making me confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look down." Justin answers in a whisper. I did as I was told only to find him standing right below my balcony.

Feeling shocked would be an understatement. I couldn't believe what I was seeing right now. "What are you doing here Bieber?!" I asked Justin, whispering as loud as I could after I had ended our phone call.

"I told you I wanted to make things right!" Justin whispers back just as loud as I did earlier.

"How did you even get in? The gates are locked!" I say, continuing our whisper game.

"I climbed! Good thing everyone in this neighborhood are already asleep or they would have thought I was a burglar!" Justin replies which makes me laugh.

This boy was crazy but it was one of things I loved about him. "I'll be out in a minute. I just need to change!" I tell him.

"Don't you dare. I'm still in my suit so you're going to stay in that beautiful stress."