31. Defying Gravity

Justin

Surprisingly I didn't wake up with a headache considering the amount of sleep I could only get. The fact that Violet had slept in my arms the entire time was probably the reason why I woke up in such a good mood.

She was still fast sleep while she snuggled against my chest. It was a moment I wanted to remember so I carefully grabbed my phone from the nightstand then silently took a picture of us

A message alerted my phone interrupting the moment.

From: Ryan
Test results came in early. Coach wants to see us in 2 hours. Something about an important announcement. Chaz and I are already in school. We asked Jev to pick us when we couldn't get a hold of you. You better hurry up. Looks like it's urgent. Tell Violet too. I can't contact her.

"VI, it's time to wake up. We have to get to school." I said, gently shaking Violet so she could wake up.

It doesn't take long for her to open up her eyes until she was fully awake. "I thought we had till noon to sleep in?" she asks, frowning like a child when she notice the time on the wall clock which read 8:30 AM. She was adorable.

"I'm sorry babe. Ryan just texted that Coach wants the team in school for an urgent announcement. We can get breakfast on the way."

Violet nods as she gets out of the bed. I followed her out as we walked back to my room. I pulled out a spare towel from my closet then gave it to Violet. I then grabbed a couple of things that I was going to need from my bathroom following with getting a fresh set of clothes for school.

"When you're done showering, you can go to my mom's room to find something to wear. She has a bunch of stuff in there which she doesn't use anymore. I'm sure you have a better chance of finding a good outfit in my mom's closet." I tell Violet.

"I don't want to invade your mom's privacy. If you don't mind letting me borrow your clothes, I think I should be able to work around something. Heck, I think sweats will do."

"You're going to dress up in sweats in public?" I asked Violet with surprise.

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing." She laughs.

"No, no, of course not. It's just that I don't normally see girls dressed in sweats especially not in public. I always thought it was the one thing they didn't want to be seen wearing."

"You should know by now Justin that I'm not like most girls."

Violet was right. She was like the other girls. She was someone that couldn't be compared to and I loved that about her.

I smiled. "I'll let you get ready. Pick anything you want from my closet. See you downstairs in 30 minutes?"

"That's enough time." Violet agrees so I gave her the privacy she needed by leaving my room so I could get ready too.

It took me exactly 30 minutes to shower and get changed into my grey t-shirt, purple hoodie and black skinny jeans. Once I had my shoes on, I grabbed my wallet and my phone then ran downstairs to wait for Violet.

She had already beaten me to it as I find her standing at bottom of the staircase, fiddling on her phone.

The first thought that popped in my head was how hot Violet looked in my clothes. She wore a red plaid shirt with the bottom tied half way up in a neat knot so it looked like it was a crop top. The sleeves of my shirt were folded half way up her elbows. She also managed to match the top with one of my black sweatpants.

Violet really knew how to stand out and she wasn't even trying. How did I get so lucky to have someone like her?

"Uh...earth to Justin?" Violet suddenly speaks up, snapping me out of the moment.