11. I Dare You

Violet

"Wait, so let me just get this straight, Jake invited you to go to the party on Friday?" Vallerie said as she walked about our kitchen preparing our dinner.

"For the 100th time yes," I answered her as I continued to do my homework.

"Why would Jake invite you? I mean no offense girl but I thought the team bullied you or is Jake one of your boy collections now too?"

I looked at her weirdly. "Boy collections? Seriously Val, it isn't like that. The party is like a team bonding of whatever shit like that except there'll be other people."

"What do you mean other people? You've never been to any high school party Violet, in case you've forgotten."

"I know I haven't and that's why I'm inviting you and Zayn to come with me. It's an open party anyway. Your boyfriend is a jock; I bet he knows about this party anyway."

"Fine, we'll go but only if I get to tell you 'I told you so' in the end."

"It's just a party Val; I mean what could go wrong?"

Friday night had arrived; Vallerie decided we got ready at my house since I had more clothes to pick from and my place was more efficient to get everything we needed.

"Seriously VI, there's just so many clothes in here, like do you even use all of these?" Vallerie said as she wandered around my walk-in closet.

"You know I do use them. I just don't like showing it off or anything plus you've been in there so many times now; haven't you gotten to used it already?" I asked her with a chuckle.

I got busy working on my makeup while Vallerie worked with her powers on picking our outfits for tonight. Setting the last touch to my eyeliner, I applied a nude shade of lipstick keeping my look natural and simple for the party. Thinking we were heading to a club, I had applied minimal makeup since it was probably going to wear off anyway with the amount of people we'd be interacting with for the rest of the night.

"Okay dude, I think I got your outfit done!" Vallerie yelled from the closet.

"Finally," I said in relief. "Let's get changed already so we can go there. The earlier we get there, the earlier we can get home."

"VI, club parties don't start till like late night," Vallerie laughed. "Calm down; oh wait, I still need to pick your shoes."

I rolled my eyes in frustration and decided to lie down on my couch while I waited for my best friend to finish her agenda. To pass off time, I randomly scrolled on Facebook passing off random stuff from a few of my friends. I stopped once a post from Justin caught my attention. It was a picture of a pencil and a musical sheet placed on a glossy surface with a caption 'Something for my Beliebers'. It made my heart melt when I saw things that seemed sincere to Justin; it was as if it was impossible to picture him as the jerk that bullied me every single day.

My trance with Justin's post was cut off when Jake's name took over my screen requesting for a FaceTime call. Without hesitation, I answered the phone and Jake's face popped up on my phone.

"Well hello there nerd." He greeted me.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey freak. What's up?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I was just making sure you'll be at the party later but from what I'm seeing you're already fixed up for partying." He said as he noticed the makeup on my face. "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thank you. Where are you? Why does it look like you're in a woman's store?" I asked Jake noticing the shelf of heels behind him.

"Right, the reason why I called is I needed your opinion on which shoes would looks cute, hot but at the same time comfortable for partying."