8. Say Pizza!

Justin

First period had passed but Violet was a no-show. I haven't seen her come to school today and neither for the rest of my classes that I had with her. Chaz, Ryan and I were getting changed for hockey practice when a small girl came running into the locker room. It was Violet.

Chaz, Ryan and I looked at her as with a smirk on our face.

She still had the guts to show up after what happened yesterday huh.

She walked into the showers to get changed leaving her stuff on the benches. Her phone rang continuously when she left but it didn't seem like she could hear it. I went to where her things were and picked up her phone. There were calls and messages from her best friend, Vallerie.

To: Violet
From: Vallerie
Do you really have to go for hockey practice?
You're going to get worst.
VI, come on, you're already sick because of what happened yesterday. Go home.
VI, answer the damn phone. Zayn and I will be waiting for you until you're done for practice. Just in case you change your mind.

I heard little footsteps approaching so I quickly kept the phone where I saw it and went back to my locker.

So she was ill. Well if she wasn't such a brat, maybe she wouldn't have gotten what she deserved.

After Violet had put her things into her locker, she immediately left the locker room.

"Dude, she looked really pale. Maybe we should've done that on a day that wasn't freezing cold." Ryan told me.

"Leave her; she got what she deserved." I spat, blocking any guilt that I could possibly feel at the moment.

We shut our lockers closed and went to the rink.

At the rink, Coach made us do the usual drills and Violet kept up as much as possible although Coach definitely noticed something was wrong with her. The two of them walked for a while then Violet had left the rink.

"Since Violet had to go home, we have to work double time girls. Let's hope she'll be okay tomorrow." Coach said.

We all agreed and began our practice for today. After a long day of practice, the team showered and changed before going separate ways. Chaz, Ryan and I got into my car and drove out of school.

"Any plans today boys?" I asked them.

"Nada. I've got this essay I have to submit tomorrow." Ryan replied.

"Since when do you care about school work?"

"Since I started taking my life seriously Justin. Violet looked terrible today." Ryan said which caught me off guard since he would usually be the first person who was in for my games.

"Then I'll leave her for a while until she gets better but she'll get what she deserves, as planned, once she's okay."

The whole ride was silent until my friends reached their houses. Since I had nowhere to go, I went home as well. I dropped my stuff on the couch and sat down. Opening my phone, my Twitter app popped up. After retweeting a couple of tweets from my fans, I noticed a tweet from Violet.

@TheVioletWebb Missed classes and hockey practice. Hoping to catch up tomorrow. #RestForToday

A part of me felt guilty but something kept bugging my head that had to happen to her. After quitting the application, I dialed Violet's number and waited.

You have reached Violet. Leave your message after you hear PIZZA! *bleep

I let out small laugh after hearing her voice mail. She's really something. I should get my emotions straightened out. One minute I'm hating the girl and the next I feel sorry for her.

I tried ringing her phone again but her voice mail went on repeat as I kept calling. I finally gave up and threw my phone on the couch.